I cant edit my own posts anymore

afcbian
afcbian Posts: 424
I have read the FAQ's to try and solve this but there doesnt appear to be an edit button anymore ?
I therefore seem to be unable to edit any posts i put up
Can you advise how I can edit ?
Thanks
I ride therefore I am

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    In the classifieds? Correct you can not edit them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    Just out of interest is there a reason for that? I

t makes for some very messy threads if the OP can't go back to mark items as 'sold' or indicate price drops
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Advertisers altering posts, claiming the spec was different, price was different, or the item didn't even exist! Had it before quite a few times, even fully deleting the post. They don't get culled for a month now allowing the full ad to be seen by all in that time. If the advert is well constructed there should be no need to edit: just update with subsequent posts.
  • afcbian
    afcbian Posts: 424
    Thanks for the response.
    It helps to know this as I will structure the ads differently from now on to enable clearer updating
    I ride therefore I am
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    afcbian wrote:
    Thanks for the response.
    It helps to know this as I will structure the ads differently from now on to enable clearer updating
    it has stated this in the rules for quite some time.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown