SRAM X7 problems

frankspencer1979
frankspencer1979 Posts: 525
edited May 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
It's never ending is it!? Just get BB sorted and now this!

I have X7 2x10, I've already had the front shifter replaced as it completely failed, and now the rear shifter has gone the same way. I might be able to replace it under warranty, but if not, is it worth upgrading to X9? Or is there no discernible difference :?

Comments

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    What exactly is the matter?
  • The lower lever no longer works; with a bit of effort a single shift can be eeked out of it now and again, but mostly it just flops back and forward freely.

The LBS has tried to rebuild it but he said it's a bit beyond him so I don't stand a chance of sorting it!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    The lower lever no longer works; with a bit of effort a single shift can be eeked out of it now and again, but mostly it just flops back and forward freely.

The LBS has tried to rebuild it but he said it's a bit beyond him so I don't stand a chance of sorting it!
    Ah, yes, they're pretty much a break-and-replace part.
    I dunno why but I initially thought you were referring to the rear mech :? :oops:
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Try the warranty route though.
  • Ah, yes, they're pretty much a break-and-replace part.

They shouldn't break (both of them) within a year though surely!? I had 200GS on my old bike that lasted over ten years with no problems!

I've come across a couple of threads on other forums where people have had shoddy X7 issues, has anyone reading this experienced problems and upgraded to X9?

I've fired off an email regarding the warranty, will post if that is successful or not.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ah but 200GS was Shimano.

Just saying.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools