National Hillclimb Championships

LeicesterLad
LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
edited May 2012 in Amateur race
If this is a really dumb question, I apologise in advance.

Basically I was wondering how you go about riding the National Hillclimb Championships, is there some form of qualifying or can you just enter?

Thanks

Comments

• derbygrimpeur
    derbygrimpeur Posts: 822
    you can just enter, but to actually get a start you need some decent performances in open hill climbs.
  • LeicesterLad
    you can just enter, but to actually get a start you need some decent performances in open hill climbs.

Thanks fella! Appreciated!
  • celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    The field is limited to 150 riders for the national champs. Usually there are more riders than spaces available. At Long Hill last year somewhere in the region of 50 or so (IIRC) had their entries returned.
    So - to make to the top 150 you need to have ridden some hill climbs and got reasonable results in them. However, if for some reason the race does not attract 150 entries then everyone gets a ride.
    It is on Rambottom Rake this year which is a classic nationals course, so it will be full and then some.

The organiser will select the best field according to performance in the event of >150 entries.
  • LeicesterLad
    celbianchi wrote:
    The field is limited to 150 riders for the national champs. Usually there are more riders than spaces available. At Long Hill last year somewhere in the region of 50 or so (IIRC) had their entries returned.
    So - to make to the top 150 you need to have ridden some hill climbs and got reasonable results in them. However, if for some reason the race does not attract 150 entries then everyone gets a ride.
    It is on Rambottom Rake this year which is a classic nationals course, so it will be full and then some.

The organiser will select the best field according to performance in the event of >150 entries.

Cheers for that, looks like I will have to put in some good times in the lead up then!
  • shockedsoshocked
    shockedsoshocked Posts: 4,021
    Come do the Carlton Bank hill climb. it's really enjoyable and fun ;)
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    Come do the Carlton Bank hill climb. it's really enjoyable and fun ;)

Darned straight, hardest hc race in NE England.
  • Tom M
    Tom M Posts: 37
    A new hill climb for this year is the Wolverhampton Wheelers event on Sun 30th September. The classic course of the Burway at Church Stretton (Shropshire), and on a closed road. Still enough time to do a ride and then post an entry off for the nationals.

Entry details on the CTT website/handbook, and coming soon(ish) to http://hillclimb.weebly.com/

Or e-mail wwcchillclimb@hotmail.co.uk

(I'm the organiser of this by the way!)