What was I thinking?

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Showed workmates some photos of my new bike. Big mistake! Why is the saddle so high? Why are the tyres so narrow. How many gears has it got? Saddle looks like a razor blade, how can you sit on that? And of course, how can you justify spending that much on a push bike? :roll:

Comments

• pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Go on then, tell us the answers!!!!!!!!

You can't just leave us with a list of unanswered questions, I won't sleep tonight if I don't know
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    At least with a photo you stop them picking it up with the usual "Oooooh, light isn't it" and the tyre squeezers with "Oooooh, they're hard, aren't they"
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • greasedscotsman
    pauldavid wrote:

You can't just leave us with a list of unanswered questions, I won't sleep tonight if I don't know

Oh, I didn't really mean it like that. I was really having a moan about the "how can you justify" question. I don't ask a similar question when someone buys an expensive watch. It's your money, if you want to spend it on something like that, then that's fine.

Really they should just be telling me how fantastic the new bike looks! :wink:
  • greasedscotsman
    Aggieboy wrote:
    At least with a photo you stop them picking it up with the usual "Oooooh, light isn't it" and the tyre squeezers with "Oooooh, they're hard, aren't they"

I guess it could be alot worse. You could be showing it to your "cycling" friends and someone says "bit heavy..."
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Well,does it-we`ll be the judge,harsh but fair? :?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    pauldavid wrote:

Oh, I didn't really mean it like that. I was really having a moan about the "how can you justify" question. I don't ask a similar question when someone buys an expensive watch. It's your money, if you want to spend it on something like that, then that's fine.

Really they should just be telling me how fantastic the new bike looks! :wink:

You should really post a picture on here and let the boys cast their critical eye over it. Only then can you be sure that it really does look fantastic :D , or not :shock:

We await your piccy
  • greasedscotsman
    pauldavid wrote:
    We await your piccy

Posted in "Your road bikes". :D
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Blimey. The seat's high isn't it? I bet you don't pay road tax either you scum bag. Get off my roads...

I had this years ago. £550? For a bleedin push bike?, followed by a long rant against bicyclists. When he'd come down off the roof I asked him how much his rusty old Ford Cortina had cost him, then wandered off. Muppet.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Aggieboy wrote:

I guess it could be alot worse. You could be showing it to your "cycling" friends and someone says "bit heavy..."

:lol: That is just too true.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    pauldavid wrote:
    We await your piccy

How do you pronounce Cervelo? Is the seat too high? Where do you keep a pump? What, no lights or mudguards?
    Doesn't quite match the carpet. :lol:
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • greasedscotsman
    byke68 wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    We await your piccy

How do you pronounce Cervelo? Is the seat too high? Where do you keep a pump? What, no lights or mudguards?
    Doesn't quite match the carpet. :lol:

Yes, I think we can conclude, the seat is too high. :(
  • greasedscotsman

What am I saying? FFS, it's not a seat, it's a saddle! :evil:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12853022

:D Nice bike!

Why don't the pedals colour match the seat :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • greasedscotsman
    team47b wrote:
    Why don't the pedals colour match the seat :wink:

I don't know. *sobs*
  • byke68

What am I saying? FFS, it's not a seat, it's a saddle! :evil:

That's not a saddle! Saddles are what horse's have for us to ride them. You've got a razor ! :lol:
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Does anyone else get the questions about the time and distance covered by a long ride? 'Over 3 hours?! What do you think about? Don't you get bored?'...'60miles?! that is what a car is for! You just go in a big circle anyway don't you?' :roll:
  • greasedscotsman
    that is what a car is for!

Yeah, had that one lots of times. What about where you tell someone your going on holiday to see the Tour de France and they think your taking part! Err, yeah of course, might see if I can get an entry on the line. :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Look how high that seat is, and how low those handlebars are.

I mean, what if you get an erection?
  • greasedscotsman

Your not supposed to go cycling in your gimp outfit Rick. Even if it does make you very aero! :wink:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    That colour is shocking

Of the carpet :lol::lol:
  • greasedscotsman
    Oh, so your going on holiday to Spain. Are you cycling there? :roll:
  • byke68

Your not supposed to go cycling in your gimp outfit Rick. Even if it does make you very aero! :wink:

Oh I don't know, skin tight clothing and the gimp mask, very aero dynamic. Could be the start of a new trend....... :wink:
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • greasedscotsman
    byke68 wrote:

Oh I don't know, skin tight clothing and the gimp mask, very aero dynamic. Could be the start of a new trend....... :wink:

Breathing could be difficult with the ball gag! :shock:
  • byke68
    byke68 wrote:

Breathing could be difficult with the ball gag! :shock:

That's why it's an S&M thing. Time trialling in gimp gear could be the new S&M craze! 8)
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    byke68 wrote:

until you fart :wink:

dont-fart-in-the-gimp-suit.jpg
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Are the tyres solid?
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Unrelated I know, but similarly annoying questions arose when I told someone I raced go-karts. After about 5 mins I realised they thought it was the childrens pedal powered karts when they asked "don't you get tired pedalling for so long?"
  • slowlanejane
    slowlanejane Posts: 312
    Oh that gimp suit pic was funny...