Weekend in Wales, Wife & Child Friendly

brindlescoops
brindlescoops Posts: 464
edited May 2012 in Holidays
Been thinking of booking a weekend in Wales along with a couple of mates and our Wives & Kids, non of the Wives ride and the Kids are too young, so I am trying to find somewhere we can go where the Boys can do some serious riding and the Wives & Kids can find something to occupy themselves with. Thinking a large Cottage would be the best bet, but has anyone stumbled accross anything suitable which ticks all the boxes on their travels?
My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.

Comments

• compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Somewhere in Snowdonia?
  • ianm7222
    ianm7222 Posts: 51
    http://www.coedtrallwm.co.uk/

Worth a look, private trails are not the best but night ride potential without going missing for hours on end, been there three times now..
    I'm very responsible, whenever anything bad happens they always say I am responsible.....
  • marko75
    marko75 Posts: 52
    last weekend I did something similar.... we spent the weekend on the mumbles swansea - a short drive to afan or ride the costal paths and the wives/kids walk along the costal paths/nature reserves/shopping in the locality.

Perfect combination :)
  • brindlescoops
    brindlescoops Posts: 464
    marko75 wrote:
    last weekend I did something similar.... we spent the weekend on the mumbles swansea - a short drive to afan or ride the costal paths and the wives/kids walk along the costal paths/nature reserves/shopping in the locality.

Perfect combination :)

Sounds more like it, however I have oly been to Swansea once, whats the Mumbles like, as if its as my memories of Swansea, me dropping the wife and kids off there for the day whilst I dissapear off may lead to me losing my knackers! (no offence meant for any people from Swansea, I'm from the Midlands I wouldn't reccomend anywhere there as a holiday resort either!) :wink:
    My biggest fear is that should I crash, burn and die, my Wife would sell my stuff based upon what I told her I paid for it.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ianm7222 wrote:
    http://www.coedtrallwm.co.uk/

Worth a look, private trails are not the best but night ride potential without going missing for hours on end, been there three times now..

i've stayed there at www.forestcottages.co.uk

the trails aren't great but good fun. there's nothing to do for the girls and kids though apart from walks and a grassy bit with small goals, no phone signal or internet either if they're into that? there is a small cafe that does nice cake and coffee :D

a big group of us went for the gf's 30th though and had an amazing time (kids included) i'd reccomend it if you want to get away from it all :D
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Mumbles is very much a family friendly destination these days, many of the pubs/clubs that were once part of the mumbles mile have closed or been turned into restaurants.