Stolen (Bristol): Ibis Mojo HD and Trek 6300 WSD

purpleanthia
purpleanthia Posts: 4
edited May 2012 in MTB stolen
Gutted that our bikes have been the latest targets of bike thieves in Bristol, apparently following people home from local trails to steal bikes. They broke in to our house (bikes kept inside) during the night on Monday while we were asleep upstairs... and also took the car as a bonus.

Two bikes taken:

Ibis Mojo HD
White
Red Hope Hubs + red Arch rims
KS i900 dropper seat post with remote
White Fizik Gobi saddle
Carbon Easton Haven bars
Avid CR Elixir brakes
Race Face cranks
Red Crank Brothers Candy 3 pedals
Red Race Face lock-on grips
Black Race Face Turbine stem
Red SRAM XO front/rear shifter (3x9)
Red SRAM XO rear mech
Shimano XT front mech
Red SRAM XO cassette
Schwalbe Hans Dampf front tyre (2.35)
Schwalbe Nobby Nic rear tyre (2.4)
Fox RP23 rear shock (no decals)
Fox Talas 140-110, 20mm bolt-thru (no decals)

Trek 6300
White, blue, brown
Woman's model
Pretty stock but with red Nobby Nic tyres (2.25) and a brown Charge Ladle saddle

I'm not expecting anything but if anyone spots anything then I'd really appreciate a heads-up!

Comments

• zovelo
    zovelo Posts: 7
    Terrible news and all too common.
    A guy just round the corner from us had his Trek Madone stolen last week, which also looks like he was followed home and targeted for his nice bike.
    You've probably already done this, but ebay alerts and google alerts for the bikes as well as separate ones for the frames and components sometimes yield results, although I guess mostly the thieves get away with it, unfortunately.
    Also, I know This is really no laughing matter, but I was amused to note that you had a £5k Ibis while your other half had to make do with a sub-£1k Trek.
    Good luck, hope you find the thieving scum.
  • Thanks Zovelo!

Actually, I am the other half with the sub-£1k Trek, but was re-posting from Bristol mountain bike post ;-)

To be fair, I think the difference in bikes is a pretty fair reflection of ability... and I love(d) my Trek!! Although I will be passing on your comments and lobbying for an upgrade if and when we get the insurance pay out :-)
  • cristilina
    cristilina Posts: 3
    http://london.craigslist.co.uk/bik/3001825030.html
    look at this, it's a silly price for such a bike, i'm almost sure it's stolen....maybe you are lucky, and this is your bike...
  • Thanks very much cristilina, unfortunately it's not my stolen bike but sounds like it's someone's stolen bike!!!