Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace 7701 9 Speed inc. SRAM powerlink
Front mech: Shimano XT M785 10 Speed double top swing 34.9 clamp
Rear mech: Shimano XT Shadow M772 SGS
Shifters: Shimano XTR M970
Gear cables outers: Shimano XTR SP41
Wheels: Mavic XC717 Rims/Hope Pro II Hubs
Skewers: KCNC
Front tyre: Schwalbe Racing Ralph Evo 2.1 or Continental X King Supersonic 2.0
Rear tyre: Schwalbe Furious Fred Evo 2.0 or Continental Race King Supersonic 2.0
Tubes: Continental MTB 26 Supersonic Presta Valve
Bottle Cage: King Cage Titanium
Computer: Garmin Edge 305 inc. Speed & Cadence sensor

Weight with the Continental tyres 10.9Kg & pretty happy with that, looking at replacing the rotors with KCNC Razor 160/140mm with ti bolts and maybe the seat post with a Easton EC90 Zero.
[url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]

Comments

• IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I'm liking the colour scheme and the set up looks pretty racy and your bike looks nice and light too , i bet you just love getting out on it as i know i would lol 8) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Thats a very decent spec.Any idea what yours weighs?
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Thats a very decent spec.Any idea what yours weighs?

Thanks, current weight with continental tyres and all the trimmings 10.9kg
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • The Spiderman
    Ooops missed the weight in your original post! Weighs less than mine! 8)

Mine now has Roval Control wheels, a Tundra saddle and a conversion to tubeless.
    I tried some KCNC Razor rotors on mine.The rear worked fine but the front had some kind of compatability issue with my combination of Fox forks,Shimano XT caliper and Roval wheel.

It destroyed 2 pads,and kept catching on the caliper so mine is back on Shimano rotors.On removing them I noticed thay were a little thicker than the Shimno rotors.A shame beacuse they seemed nicely machined,were 75g (plus 12g for the bolts) so saved 86g over the Shimano rotors.

The rear worked fine but I didn`t want mismatching calipers so I sent them back to the supplier for a refund.

I think I will go for the the Shimano RT76 or Icetech rotors next time.Heavy but they work!

ESI grips and lighter skewers are next on my shopping list.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • ACDCwmb
    Thanks for the head up, still haven't made my mind up yet on the kcnc rotors, I only know of one person who is running them with Avid CR mags and he has no complaints, however the G3 rotors work just fine but the kcnc rotors weigh a geat deal less. The esi chunky grips are great and I can't fault kcnc skewers for the price.

I've had lighter components now and then but found that they didn't last, either wore out very fast or just broke(my bike gets a lot of use, now I just run very lightweight bits for races and not for training)

Just goes to show...

Light,Strong,Cheap

Choose two only!
  • The Spiderman
    edited May 2012
    I don`t race but appreciate a light bike.Having said that ,I like a factor of safety given that I`m no whippet and I want to be able to give my bike a good run at a trail centre from time to time.

I tend to shy away from the very light stuff too,but I thought the KCNC razors would be a good place to save weight without sacrificing strength.They certainly looked well made,just a shame they didn`t quite clear my caliper.

In retrospect I wonder if I should have seen if having the caliper post mount faced might have been enough to make them fit without intereference,because it was a properly useful weight saving upgrade for not much cash,though I susbsequently found I had a sticky piston on the front brake which may have stopped the pads from retracting properly.

Which KCNC skewers did you go for? I have been looking at the Z6 skewers which are steel but still half the weight of my Roval skewers,hoping they would still clamp my wheel properly and not be prone to breakage like some ti skewers.

Can you tell me more about the Racing Bros ultra light mounts?

Did you save much by going 2 x 9?
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
  • DomN86
    DomN86 Posts: 112
    I like the colour scheme too.
    GIANT YUKON FX2 - http://goo.gl/xtIfv.
  • ACDCwmb
    Which KCNC skewers did you go for? I have been looking at the Z6 skewers which are steel but still half the weight of my Roval skewers,hoping they would still clamp my wheel properly and not be prone to breakage like some ti skewers.

I use KCNC ti skewers like these...

http://www.xcracer.com/shop/viewproduct.php?productid=34

no problems with them at all

Can you tell me more about the Racing Bros ultra light mounts?

TF Tuned fitted them when I sent my shock in for a service, but I believe you can buy them and fit them yourself

http://www.tftunedshox.com/Miscellaneous/Mount-Kits-and-Bushings

Did you save much by going 2 x 9?

Saved about 90g by switching to 2x9, the main reason for the 2x9 over the standard 3x9 was to loose all the unwanted gear ratios and reduce the amount of front shifts. I changed the xt M770 3x9 front mech for a xt M785 2x10 mech and the shifting is perfect, crsip, quiet and no chain rub. I did have to switch the front xtr shifter from using 2-3 to using 1-2 due to the amount of cable pull by the shifter.