Cycling Weekly - where's the UK results?

Tim Farr
Tim Farr Posts: 665
edited May 2012 in Amateur race
I bought the Thursday April 12 Cycling Weekly, mainly because it covered the World Track Champs. No complaint about that report or that of Paris-Roubaix - which was absolutely excellent. But where are the results and/or the reports of UK events - whether they be road races, crits, cross, time trials, elite, junior, vet, mtb? Nothing at all. Some of the 'news' items you'd expect to find in a winter season copy when they need to pad out the magazine with background articles - eg, and no offence to those featured, the parent son or daughter story which filled five pages!

Where can I find domestic racing results now I can't get them from The Comic?
T Farr

Comments

• celbianchi
    celbianchi Posts: 854
    It's sad that these days the comic has shifted away from reporting on proper competitive amateur racing to cover the cash cow that is wannabe racers, sportives.

Larry Hickmott does an excellent collation of results of RR, TT at www.velouk.net as referenced above.
  • nickwill
    nickwill Posts: 2,735
    It probably doesn't carry UK results because by the time it's published they are old news. Most people will get them from the internet. It covers sportives in depth because despite the scorn of some racing cyclists,that is what most cyclists want to do these days. Very many of the French magazines are now sportive orientated as well. Cycling Weekly has justfollowed the market.