My Cube Ltd

Wobbit
Wobbit Posts: 91
edited April 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hey guys, I'm new here and thought I would say hello!

I brought my 2011 cube ltd comp two months ago after around 8 years without a bike and am loving it!

Currently racked up around 500miles and hasn't missed a beat. I'm looking to upgrade the forks soon, the toras are this bikes week point, no matter what I do they are too soft and bottom out far too easily IMO.

88710c79.jpg

80b97000.jpg

Sorry for the crappy mobile camera pics.

No upgrades as of yet apart from the dmr v8s and a yet to be fitted spank oozy 60mm stem.

I ride most of the time around Newbury on the tow paths, greenham common and have been up to swinley forest a few times.

Great site, I will be here for a while I think asking newbie questions!

Rob
Neilpryde Alize - Kinesis 4S - Cube Ltd

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Nice. Check out the London Calling thread for rides in Swinley. Also worth looking at Goring and Streatley. Some good hills there.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Wobbit
    benpinnick wrote:
    Nice. Check out the London Calling thread for rides in Swinley. Also worth looking at Goring and Streatley. Some good hills there.

Thanks mate, I will take a look. I'm going to swinley new weekend hopefully if the weather is looking any better.
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Nice looking bike. Looks very racey, so suprisd it isn't sporting some SPD's.
  • Wobbit
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    Nice looking bike. Looks very racey, so suprisd it isn't sporting some SPD's.

Ha, thanks mate, iv had a few bad falls with spds in the past, they are not somthing I could ever feel comfortable in.
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    Looks awesome. Love the black colourway. If your fork is bottoming out cant you fine tune the preload? i guess then your sag might not be at the magical 25% but it might solve that issue. dunno.
  • Wobbit
    Hey mate, I have played around with the preload, still seems no better, they also weigh a tonne, so im going to pick up some 2012 reba rls in white. They get great reviews!
  • Wobbit
    Quick update, not changed much as of yet, just a 60mm spank oozy stem and some superstar grips.

7c5ea202.jpg

Other than that iv just been riding it, I'm loving the more twitchy/responsive ride with the shorter stem.

New forks next month, iv decided on 100mm rockshox reba rl forks, but what colour? White on black frame??
  • Fingz999
    Fingz999 Posts: 69
    looks nice mate ive got a acid 2011 and was looking at the rebas for mine in the future but cant deceid on colour either, on yours id say the white would be nice as it would match the cube logo also some ive seen have a red reba sticker to match the white and red of the bike
  • Wobbit
    Fingz999 wrote:
    looks nice mate ive got a acid 2011 and was looking at the rebas for mine in the future but cant deceid on colour either, on yours id say the white would be nice as it would match the cube logo also some ive seen have a red reba sticker to match the white and red of the bike

Thanks mate, great bikes arnt they!

I'm on the same level as you when it come to the white and red forks, iv found the for 279 with the handle bar mount lock, I think I will go for them.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I used to have the LTD Team. I loved it, It's a real little ripper. I took it all over the Dark Peak, Llandegla, Coed Y Brenin and it handled most of what I asked of it.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Plyphon wrote:
    Looks awesome. Love the black colourway. If your fork is bottoming out cant you fine tune the preload? i guess then your sag might not be at the magical 25% but it might solve that issue. dunno.
    Preload won't solve anything, all it does is make the fork firmer at the beginning of the stroke.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Nice looking bike and i'd go with the white forks theme as already mentioned as it would really help the cube decals stand out :) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Wobbit
    El Diego wrote:
    I used to have the LTD Team. I loved it, It's a real little ripper. I took it all over the Dark Peak, Llandegla, Coed Y Brenin and it handled most of what I asked of it.

I like it alot for the money I payed for it, took it to swinley on Sunday and it did everything I asked, no complaints here.
  • Wobbit
    IT66T wrote:
    Nice looking bike and i'd go with the white forks theme as already mentioned as it would really help the cube decals stand out :) .

Yeah thanks, iv pretty much made my mind up with having white forks. I also have a superstar wheelset on the horizon.
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Superstar wheelsets are a nice choice and can be picked up for a reasonable price if you shop around at the moment .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Wobbit
    Quick update, these arrived...

8206b6a3.jpg

So very very light! Can't wait to get them fitted.

I have also fitted hope skewers,seat post clamps in red flavour and some new tyres, a rocket Ron 2.25 for the back and a nobby nik 2.25 for the front. Much lighter and better grip, I'm a happy bunny.

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to be ordering a new wheelset from moonglu.com, red hope pro 2s on stans crest rims.

I'm going to need new rotors with the wheelset as I have center lock on my current setup, are hope floating rotors worth the cash? Or is there a cheaper lighter alternative?
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I wouldn't bother with floating rotors-they look bling but I haven't noticed any performance advantage over standard ones. Also, they are not be compatible with all brake calipers.
    I would seriously consider superstars £300 stans deal or an american classic wheelset over the hopes. The superstars will be lighter and probably cheaper too. The american classics will be a little more money but have awesome hubs and even wider rims despite being no heavier
  • Wobbit
    The only thing that puts me off the superstar wheels is the reviews they get, it seems to be a 50/50 chance that you will get a good well built set. That is not a chance you should have to take when spending 300quid.

Moonglu quote their builds to weigh in at 1610gs. Which is a hell of a weight saving on my standard cube offerings.

plus I like the noise from the pro 2 hubs, ha!
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
  • Wobbit
    mrlee wrote:
    nice cube 8)

Thanks mate, got my forks fitted, they feel great, they have changed the feeling compleatly for the better infact.A huge weight saving of 750grams over the stock Toras!!

7374665298_46a442b77d_z.jpg
    reba by rob_hailstone, on Flickr

Bike shot...

7189434831_85edbfe748_z.jpg
    reba2 by rob_hailstone, on Flickr

Next up will be a new wheelset, hoping to order in the next couple of weeks, most likely to be a set of these...http://www.moonglu.com/shop/hopepro2evo ... nscrest-2/

Red hubs : )

Suggestions for rotors please, somthing fairly light and no more than 25quid each as im likely to upgrade the brakeset soon too.

comments welcome.
  • Wobbit
    These bits arrived today, all ready to equip my new wheels which should arrive tomorrow.

a9852b2a.jpg
  • Wobbit
    New wheels arrived! Nice and light, they feel great.
    I'm running them tubeless, no problems seating them with just my track pump.

8a8675ab.jpg

b47f85ce.jpg

And a grass snake going through my wheel!

8d7acfdb.jpg
  • mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
  • Really nice looking bike! The forks look great on it.
  • Wobbit
    Thanks guys! Just fitted some shimano 530 spd pedals and am giving clip less a go. No falls yet but I'm sure I will!

Also weighed the bike for the first time, 11.2kgs! Not too shabby
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Those 2012 rebas are odd looking. The post mounts are at a different angle to before and lowers have the cutaway and massively long adjusters and value extenders. Suppose that's the Sid lowers.
  • You not fitting your poploc?
  • Wobbit
    Those 2012 rebas are odd looking. The post mounts are at a different angle to before and lowers have the cutaway and massively long adjusters and value extenders. Suppose that's the Sid lowers.

Thought the same thing with the post mount when they arrived, thought I might need a different adaptor for my calliper. Turns out not.

Probably won't fit the poplock, I had it on my toras and didn't feel the need to use it.
  • Wobbit
    A better full bike shot..

7519566828_10c9dfe9e4_z.jpg
    my cube by rob_hailstone, on Flickr

Next up will be a 1x10 conversion when i have more monies.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice cube buddy liking the matte color
    As for wheels I'm running pro's 2 on mavic 717 and racing Ralph Evo's still light wheel set