Saddles

andy-64
andy-64 Posts: 51
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone

Looking for a new saddle around the £50 mark must be comfy for long rides and yes I have looked in the search but not a lot there

cheers
Andy

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    saddles are a totally personal choice - what suits one perfectly is like a razor blade to the next person.

I'd suggest trying your LBS and seeing if they have some demo models you can try.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    As above, a totally personal thing. However lots of folk on here seem to like the Charge Spoon, so you could do worse than to start there I guess.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Been through this process myself. As already posted it really is a personal thing and best thing I found was to get a sit bone measure to ensure I was getting the right saddle width. Can be done at most LBS and takes a couple of minutes and only involves sitting on a foam pad - no "right sir please drop pants and bend over" :shock:

Lots of choice out there and I was close to getting a Fizik Antares for my fat ass but ended up with a Selle Italia Gel Flow which has been great. Others to look at other than the Charge Spoon and thenFizik range are those from Selle Italia and I also hear good things about the Specialized Toupe.

Some LBS will loan on deposit a saddle to try so may be an option to explore a try before you buy service :D

Good luck.
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • andy-64
    andy-64 Posts: 51
    Thanks for the advise
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    Good names to start your search are Fizik Arione and Aliante, Selle Italia Flite/ Max Flight Gelflow and Charge Spoon. I tried all of them and eventually settled on the Maxflight Gelflow

However on my MTB I've got a WTB Rocket V Race....pretty good and totally different shape than the Selle...