Another Canyon. My canyon.

ThePriory1978
ThePriory1978 Posts: 563
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
My new Canyenero, which is an 8.0x model.
80x.jpg

Pleased as punch with it. Especially the XO gearing, smooth light and noise free action. Beautiful.
So far changed the grips to some Superstars i had in the parts bin and put some Kevlar pads on it.

Not sure on the dropper, never had one and never needed one. Might get rid to make a quick buck.
At full extension the seats a tiny fraction to high, the cable routing gets in the way of the rear rocker arm when the seat drops and the switch on the handlebars is a matchmaker so i cant turn the bike over to work on it without removing the brake lever and shifter. Irritating.

Ordered and then delivered all in 5 days when i was told to expect a two week delivery. Perfect.

:D

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    LOVE the colour, great looking and well specced bike as well.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ghostface
    ghostface Posts: 21
    That is a truly bad ass looking bike! I was thinking of a Canyon, that colourway has made my mind up!
  • snowjho
    snowjho Posts: 108
    I do like this!
  • Cogsy1976
    Cogsy1976 Posts: 143
    very, very nice bike
  • EyesintheSky
    EyesintheSky Posts: 183
    Love the green, like 'want go go and buy one' love the green :D
    Very funny Scotty, now beam me down my clothes.
  • stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    That looks great.

I ordered an 8.0X in the "raw" finish on Monday after having my Norco nicked a couple of weeks ago. I actually ordered the green first cos the raw wasn't available in medium for a few weeks, then the following day the website had updated saying both colours were available immediately so I changed my mind cos I thought the raw would be better to add colour to in future!

The email confirmation said I can expect it in calender week 20 (week after next) - so I'm hopeful mine's quicker arriving too cos I've got quite a few days off work in the next couple of weeks and want to get out on it! :mrgreen:
  • barty81
    barty81 Posts: 145
    hi mate. ordered a nerve am 7 in mamba last week,got the ups 48hr email today :D . matter of intertest what size did you order? im 5ft 9 with 31inch inseem, ordered a medium. got that little sick feeling that its going to be too big. anyway cracking looking bike, enjoy!!!
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7
  • gjt
    gjt Posts: 38
    I got myself a Nerve XC 8.0 a couple of months ago. Cracking bike - just wish I had more time to ride it. I'm 6ft 2in and a large fits me perfectly. Can't recommend them highly enough - 5 days from ordering to my front door. They're also cheap at the moment because of the exchange rate (the Nerve XC 8 is £40 less than when I bought mine).
  • stone-rose
    I got my UPS tracking number today!! Hoping it'll be here early next week...

I'm about 5ft 9in with a 32in leg and I've gone for the medium too - sure it'll be fine
  • barty81
    barty81 Posts: 145
    yep got my tracking number. boat full of canyons hitting are shores shortly!!
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7
  • stone-rose
    My bike has arrived in the UK today. Delivery expected on Tuesday cos of the Bank Holiday :mrgreen:
  • jonny2773
    jonny2773 Posts: 56
    stone-rose wrote:

I'm about 5ft 9in with a 32in leg and I've gone for the medium too - sure it'll be fine

Let me know how it feels, im about the same size and the online measuring guide says i should get a small, not sure if i should trust it or not before i order.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I wanted that colour but they didn't do it for the XC
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    I really love that colour as it makes a good bike look really cool .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • stone-rose
    jonny2773 wrote:
    stone-rose wrote:

Let me know how it feels, im about the same size and the online measuring guide says i should get a small, not sure if i should trust it or not before i order.

It arrived today - fits like a glove. Glad I didn't order the small. Took me a while to get the cockpit set up (seat, bars, shifters, suspension) but it's spot on now that it's done. Buy it!