Forest of Dean last sections of the verderers trail

stevieboy308
stevieboy308 Posts: 67
edited May 2012 in Your pics and vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivp5x5whFFk

from last weekend, despite expecting the worst with how the weather had been we couldn't of had it much better.

go easy on us, this was the 3rd day of riding and the legs were starting to feel it!!

cheers for watching

Comments

• Christ! If that's your third day, I might stand a chance of keeping up with you when your on your seventh!

Really enjoyed that. Seems a nice flowing track with some great long berms.
  • Lol, yeah It's a good section with some great berms, but just spoilt a little bit for me by having a bit of uphill in it and a load of rollers.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Good vid - I like the last section of Verderers, great high speed fun.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Shame about the other 90% of it. I know I shouldn't moan as it's a blue but - meh..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Stevo_666
    Shame about the other 90% of it. I know I shouldn't moan as it's a blue but - meh..
    I've never done the first 90% as I only ever did the last bit that could be accessed direct from the uplift. But good to know so I don't waste my time trying it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    I've never done the first 90% as I only ever did the last bit that could be accessed direct from the uplift. But good to know so I don't waste my time trying it.

yeah we did the first 90% once, then just kept pushing up - the uplift was full :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

yeah we did the first 90% once, then just kept pushing up - the uplift was full :cry:
    Weekend uplifts are usually full, though some people who book a full day start drifting off in the afternoon and you can buy individual uplifts then. Mind you, some people on here think it's not worth getting the uplift on account of the push up being pretty short (not me, I'm lazy...)
  • apple eater
    apple eater Posts: 302
    it is the best bit of the track. We've done it a few times, each time just that bit faster :D

Watching your video though gave me motion sickness or something similar, wierd!
    I don't know enough to make smart r's remarks about peoples choice of parts 'n' things, yet!
  • Shame about the other 90% of it. I know I shouldn't moan as it's a blue but - meh..

Amen to that.

FOD needs a proper red too, the red there is crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nah just go there for it's DH's stop investing in the XC trails and pile that cash into the DH trails as there fun!
  • Gibbo GTI
    Gibbo GTI Posts: 98

Amen to that.

FOD needs a proper red too, the red there is crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp.

Agree totally. I have started doing the DH tracks now as they offer a better experience than the red and blue but are not too extreme for a novice to those type of tracks.
    GT Force Carbon Expert
    Carrera Fury
  • hucking_fell
    hucking_fell Posts: 1,056
    That seemed pretty rapid to be honest 8)
    More freerange chicken than Freeride God
    Bighit , 5 , BFe
  • Dartster
    Dartster Posts: 56
    They are building a new DH section at the end of the Corkscrew as we speak.....we've road the first part and its pretty decent....the 2nd part looks like its going to be good as well...drop offs look to be the theme in this one!

The Verderers is good for keeping the fitness up, or a quick evening pedal, esp during the winter months when the rest of the FoD becomes a mud bath!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Dartster wrote:
    They are building a new DH section at the end of the Corkscrew as we speak.....we've road the first part and its pretty decent....the 2nd part looks like its going to be good as well...drop offs look to be the theme in this one!

The Verderers is good for keeping the fitness up, or a quick evening pedal, esp during the winter months when the rest of the FoD becomes a mud bath!

Much better fitness XC not far away though, it's just a bit of a nothing but hey ho.
  • Dartster
    Dartster Posts: 56
    Dartster wrote:

Much better fitness XC not far away though, it's just a bit of a nothing but hey ho.

yeah better trails nearby....but not through the winter months....it gets pretty boggy along most of the main trails, so can be a bit of a chore at times.... whereas the verderers stays alright throughout. So it has its uses :wink: