Advice on which 100mm fork

paul20v
paul20v Posts: 267
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
hi
after a little advice on a reasonable 100mm fork
dont want to spend a fortune and dont mind going second hand if there in good nick
was looking around £200 pound mark which i realise isnt great money but its all i can do at the moment
any advice and views greatly recieved :D

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rockshox Recon Gold, or for a bit over budget, Rebas.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Or for a bit cheaper... Recon Silvers: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=69357

Only had a couple of quick rides on a bike with these fitted but they seem to do the job very well. If you search on the forum you will read good reviews. It appears they are pretty much the standard for this money.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    If you're able to wait, I'd save 50 quid more and go for some rebas, you won't regret it.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    If you're able to wait, I'd save 50 quid more and go for some rebas, you won't regret it.

What he said ^^^
  • steelie600
    steelie600 Posts: 519
    isnt supersonic selling some reba's???
    Idiot ^^^^^^^^^

Ralph
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    TwellySmat wrote:

What he said ^^^

I agree with them both. Save your money and get some Rebas. The wait/extra cash will be worth it!!
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Hi thanks for all the replys
    Looks like i will hold on for a bit and get some rebas
    Cheers
    Much appreciated