reverb post - quick question

sofaboy73
sofaboy73 Posts: 574
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
buying a reverb post for new build.

couple of quick questions. Am i right in thinking the MMX adapter just bolts on to the normal bar clamp (ie can just be removed to the fit remote on to the bars as normal)?

the remote looks a little fragile so was thinking of running it under the bars for extra crash protection (ie buying a left hand one and running it 'upside down' on the right). has anyone tried this, does it work ok?

Comments

• milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Yes you can undo the MMX bit and bolt it on as normal, that's what I've done. I think it's not officially recommended.

I run a right-hand one under the left side of the bars, I have heard they're a bit fragile and it seems to fit better this way too.
  • sofaboy73
    milko9000 wrote:
    Yes you can undo the MMX bit and bolt it on as normal, that's what I've done. I think it's not officially recommended.

I run a right-hand one under the left side of the bars, I have heard they're a bit fragile and it seems to fit better this way too.

cheers for the swift reply.

by running it under the bars, do you have any problems with it getting in the way of your shifter? Obviously dependent on cockpit set up, but as i run my brakes inboard of the shifters id didn't know if it would get in the way or not?

another question i forgot to ask - whats the difference between the silver collar and black collar posts, apart from £25 on bike discount?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    "whats the difference between the silver collar and black collar posts"

The colour :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • sofaboy73
    bails87 wrote:

i'd spotted that bit, but thanks for pointing out :wink: what i meant is the black one a 2nd gen ie any changes to it?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There was a 'fix' in the 2012 model I think, and as I understood it this is available as an upgrade/warranty(?) fix to 2011 models. I may be wrong though.

On the subject of mounting a right handed under the left, does that work with Matchmaker on SRAM 10spd X0 kit (got brakes and shifter on matchmaker)? I'm not sure if what I've got is MMX. That's a new version of Matchmaker?

Or does it have to go on as a regular clamp beside the existing? In which case yes it needs to not interfere with my current set up (single finger braking and thumb on the shifter).
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Has anyone developed play in their Reverb yet? Mine is 2 months old and is starting to wiggle.......
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    sofaboy73 wrote:
    milko9000 wrote:
    by running it under the bars, do you have any problems with it getting in the way of your shifter? Obviously dependent on cockpit set up, but as i run my brakes inboard of the shifters id didn't know if it would get in the way or not?

another question i forgot to ask - whats the difference between the silver collar and black collar posts, apart from £25 on bike discount?

I think the black collar is the new one, right? They made some sort of mod to the hose join I think. Not sure of the details.

I run brakes inboard of shifter too (and they're Shimano so can't do the MMX thing), it was a bit of a wiggle getting it all together but it doesn't get in the way, no.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    bails87 wrote:

:lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8