Events for the Office Olympic Triathlon

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Discussing potential events for our Office triathlon after work on Friday and have so far only come up with two disciplines;

1) Stair running. up/down 5 flights ten times.
and
2) Bubble wrap bursting - basically any method to burst all the bubbles in 30cm square piece of bubblewrap.
:):):)
Couldn't think of others, but weren't trying that hard...

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Discussing potential events for our Office triathlon after work on Friday and have so far only come up with two disciplines;

1) Stair running. up/down 5 flights ten times.
    and
    2) Bubble wrap bursting - basically any method to burst all the bubbles in 30cm square piece of bubblewrap.
    :):):)
    Couldn't think of others, but weren't trying that hard...

Get two empty beer bottles - triathletes start from behind the same line on the floor and take hold of the bottles. Keeping your feet still bend over and 'walk' forward as far as you can with nothing touching the floor but the beer bottles. Mark the furthest attempt each time, furthest wins.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • office chair curling
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Rowing-get groups on roller chairs up and down the office (open plan helps here for once)
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    The mouse hammer event, and the cd discus :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    1)See who gets the most number of scrumpled up sheets of paper in the waste paper basket at 10 feet.
    2) See who can get to the coffee machine and back with a drink the most times without the boss noticing (endurance event) and then 3) See who goes the longest without peeing
    4) How long can you balance the pointed end of the keyboard on one finger for
    5) The length of time you can suspend a ping pong ball vertically in the air by blowing upwards
    and the best till last:
    6) Rubber band/folded bit of paper catapault/empty cup target shooting

I know, I know - this is a heptathlon not a triathlon number 2 and 3 are connected
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • How many times can you photo copy your arse without getting written warning
    How many people can you snog at office Christmas party
    How many times can you say 'Have a nice day, as they say in my next job' befor you are in that next job.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Before the event begins, don't forget to visit the stationery cupboard and fashion some 'calf guards' out of Jiffy bags/laminating pouches/etc. Only then will you be a proper Triathlete :roll:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    the jizz hammer

its like hammer throwing but your aim is to see who can jizz the furthest - I was beaten by a woman. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    How about a race to see who can pick up their P45 and clear their desk the quickest. Office Olympic Triathlon? You do realise the economy is farked and according to the posh boy we are all supposed to be 'in this together, not messing about like a load of eejits. Here's an event for you, the high jump! How does that sound? Because you'll all be for it, if you don't get on with your work.

<Storms off back into office, slams door, hard>

Ooh that felt quite good! :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Olympic back biting and bitching about the grumpy humourless boss (cornerblock)...whisper whisper...typical manager, they get there for all the wrong reasons...whisper...probably a wink and a handshake that got him the job...whisper...shagged his way there...whisper...probably went to Eaton...whisper...said the right things to the right people, but not us...whisper...I wish 'id studied harder at school, kept my head down. But when your up against a glass ceiling, would'nt make any difference....whisper...miserable sod...whisper...probably irons his y-fronts, u know the type... :D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Bloody office workers, they ought to get a blue collar job, we don't get time to f**k about. :evil:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Not really an olympic event, but office buckaroo is great fun :D Take it in turns to balance office items (paperclip, staple, pencil etc) on a colleagues shoulder, then when he gets p****ed off and throws it all in the bin, everybody shouts 'Buckaroo!'
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Got to be the classic paper ball toss competition surely? No office olympics is complete without it. The big decision is whether to go basic or have the added challenge of a fan blowing across the course - it will depend on whether the staff are a good bunch of tossers or not! ;)
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Stapler Javelin?

Run up to the line with a stapler then using an overhand motion move the stapler to it's furthest/most effective range and squeeze to see how far you can get the staple.
    Disqualification for going over the line or letting go of the stapler.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    my colleagues make an olympic standard event out of p***ing and whinging

office chair curling sounds fun, esp with the less popular members of supervision gaffa taped on for ballast
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    office chair curling sounds fun, esp with the less popular members of supervision gaffa taped on for ballast

I think this could be improved by adding a downhill element (stairwell)