I'm posh!!

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited May 2012 in The bottom bracket
Watching the 'Sunday Politics' show and they're quoting Nadine T re her "price of the pint of milk". Well, tbh I haven't got a clue either. Westminster here I come. Vote Aggie.
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• http://www.etoncollege.com/currentfees.aspx

£10,327 per term

In addition to these charges, boys’ school accounts may include various other items which may total from £50 to £500 per half, besides any tradesmen’s bills for items bought in local shops. The house extras account will include the house subscription which is set by each house master at his discretion, intended to provide various items for his boys’ benefit over the years – perhaps a new billiards table, or a TV rental, or staging of a house play. Tipping of house domestic staff is organised centrally in each house every half, and is an expression of appreciation for all that the domestic staff do for the boys. Boys are supplied with a bible at Eton; this will appear as a charge on the school bill after a boy’s first half. There will also be a one-off ‘linen pool’ charge for duvet covers, etc.
    vitus dural 979 campag super record
    cento uno centaur
    Shorter pave - winter
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Bargain-you should see the price of a week in a privatised care home for a youth offender.Eyewatering expensive,cant confirm but Ive been told its up to £4000 per week per child.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • So when do we start registering them for Eaton? (and Harrow and Winchester and Westminster). And if they're lucky enought to eventually find themselves elected as MPs, they'll feel very much at home in the Commons
    vitus dural 979 campag super record
    cento uno centaur
    Shorter pave - winter
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232

I'll have you know that Eton is a Charitah (Charity) and that the wealthy should have every right to donate their money to Charitah (instead of paying taxes).
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    possibly the place to go if you like dutch poems too hehe

"In the past, people at Eton have occasionally been guilty of antisemitism, as in English society generally. For a time, new admissions were called 'Jews' by their fellow Collegers.[18] In 1945, the school introduced a nationality statute conditioning entry on the applicant's father being British by birth. The statute was removed after the intervention of Prime Minister Harold Macmillan in the 1960s after it came to the attention of Oxford's Wykeham Professor of Logic, A. J. Ayer, himself Jewish and an Old Etonian, who "suspected a whiff of anti-semitism".[19]"
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Aggieboy
    This thread has no hidden or nefarious meaning. I was just pointing out I don't have a clue about the price of a pint of milk. So shoot me. That is all.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    heres some silver top

300_Silver-top-345.jpg

although i suspect that might be will ferrel in a wig
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    In reply to the OP, no you're not Aggie.

Purvayor of great "girls in" photo's yes POSH you are not. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Haha, well i was taking a cheap shot at millionaires so my bad.

Anyway, i have no feckin idea what a pint of milk costs and i've bought a fair few of those little bottles this year. That's surprising considering how much of a budget Nazi* ( :wink: Cleat) i am, but i'm in no way posh.

*Just to be clear i'm neither an anti-semite or a big fan of Dutch poetry or poetry in general. Oh and i'm not trying to equate posh people, tight-arses, the Dutch, Poets or Milk to the Nazi Holocaust. :lol:
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Dont know the price of a pint of milk in pence or cents...but then I was publically educated so that probably does make me posh - oh and a Nazi obviously...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Obviously...

FC73E0465B50200BBB52A42DA704EF6ED41D8CD9-1320249729.jpg
  • Aggieboy
    In reply to the OP, no you're not Aggie.

Purvayor of great "girls in" photo's yes POSH you are not. :lol:

Well, I travelled port side to St Malo and starboard home once, so animated-smileys-cheeky-018.gif.

In my case perhaps it should mean Poster Of Sexy Honeys, though :wink::lol:
  • Aggieboy
    Obviously...

FC73E0465B50200BBB52A42DA704EF6ED41D8CD9-1320249729.jpg

I'll post your obvious in a minute.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Aggieboy, posh, you ain't. I, is posh, innit. :)
  • A gent I once met told me there are four keys things you need to be posh and if you ask a posh person the right four questions you can become posh yourself ...

Shame I don't really want to be posh myself, or maybe I could've made someone's day?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,220
    But what is the real price of milk? Just over a quid for 4 pints in a supermarket but £1.65 for 2 litres in my local Spar. It''s got such a price range it's a crap example of someone being out of touch. I think I've just inadvertently proved I'm not posh, not that anyone who knows me is likely to have been in much doubt!!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy, posh, you ain't. I, is posh, innit. :)

You can't judge a book by it's pictures of scantily clad women with nice knockers.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Pross wrote:
    But what is the real price of milk? Just over a quid for 4 pints in a supermarket but £1.65 for 2 litres in my local Spar. It''s got such a price range it's a crap example of someone being out of touch. I think I've just inadvertently proved I'm not posh, not that anyone who knows me is likely to have been in much doubt!!

Indeed, there's a fair (very good chance) that Dave and his mates are fairly "out of touch", but the "price of a pint of milk" isn't a great example.

More to the point, I don't think I care if our politicians are particularly out of touch or not, I want politicians who have credible plans about the economy, policing, health, transport etc.

Now, being "in touch" with the general population undoubtedly is helpful when drawing up good policies, but I don't think it is a prerequisite quite frankly.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    "being "in touch" with the general population undoubtedly is helpful when drawing up good policies"

I wouldn't even go that far; the "general population" is a bit of a myth, the interests & policy preferences (thought the latter is as often driven by tradition as interests) are as variable across regions as they across the economic spectrum.

From a historical perspective I can think of supermen & bunglers who come both from the privaledge & the factory floor.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Being 'in touch' is more important for Conservatives, since, rightly or wrongly, they have a reputation for protecting a privileged / wealthy minority.

That's a particularly pressing issue when high-pay and and attacks on the wealthy are on the way up, due to both the recession and widening financial inequality.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,220
    The Labour party were 'out of touch' in the 80s and got drubbed at the polls. As a result they 'modernised' in the 90s to become more 'in touch with the electorate' and basically became Tory clones resulting in them getting elected. The problem is that the vast moajority of the electorate like the safe, middle ground (and other than that a lot don't really know what they want, only what they don't want).
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Being 'in touch' is more important for Conservatives, since, rightly or wrongly, they have a reputation for protecting a privileged / wealthy minority.

That's a particularly pressing issue when high-pay and and attacks on the wealthy are on the way up, due to both the recession and widening financial inequality.

Meh, it widened under the supposedly 'in touch' New Labour, didn't it, or at least didn't get noticeably better. Saw a headline in the Daily Mail :oops: apparently, Britain is the worst country in the EU for social mobility. I doubt anyone can reasonably pin this on the few years of coalition govt...

I do understand why being 'in touch' is important for the media, but I think it's importance in making a good politician is well overstated.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live