Upgrade Boardman Team Carbon to Shimano Dura Ace C35 Wheels?

Kupepe
Kupepe Posts: 76
edited April 2012 in Amateur race
Hello,

I own a Boardman Team Carbon with its standard equipment. I have been taking part in some amateur races this season and based on the time I have to train during the week I am in the top half of the participants. However I cannot seem to break into the top of first half of the finishers. Since I cannot pull more hours of training, since my weekly schedule is that of a normal working person and my amateur mindset cant go deeper in training styles do you think that investing in a pair of second hand Shimanos Dura Ace C35 would have a substantial impact in my riding? Do you think that wearing that type of wheels in a bike like mine is ok? All reviews say that it is a great frame and I truly believe that it does make me a better rider than I truly am, but is it worth it to buy such a set for this frame and keep them for my next frame if I am determined to pay for a frame upgrade?

Thanx

Comments

• joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    Can I ask what you mean by "I have been taking part in some amateur races this season and based on the time I have to train during the week I am in the top half of the participants"? Either you are in the top half or not, its nothing to do with the amount of time you have to train.

Wheel make a big difference but rider fitness will make more. If you can't increase your hours then try getting more out of the hours you are doing. There are people that do sub 20 min 10 mile TTs on <4-5 hours a week so if you make the hours can't you can get a lot out of it.

On the other hand, if you have the money then Im sure the new wheel will feel good and be fun to ride, and thats what its about!