RE:Kaiser!!

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited July 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Hi guys,

bit of a long shot, but have any of you heard from him? Was supposed to be racing yesterday and his missus hasn't heard from him since and his phone is off
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Saw a Post from his other half in the FB CC, let's hope all is well..
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Put this in for the link to twitter
    Alex Kaiser

Hi all, Alex was due to be racing yesterday at Rheola (I think) and he hasn't returned home, and his phone isn't on. Last contact was on Saturday at 16:30. Please can you confirm whether he did the race/when you last saw him, if at all? Thanks, Sarah (fiancee). 07881 834 112.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Hopefully he's just found the nobbers who nicked the Edison and is now at a lockup somewhere issuing some medieval punishments.

Fingers crossed for a safe return.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Bad times, I hope the guy is Ok... his other half must be out of her mind with worry
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Hope he's OK. Had a quick google of the Rheola race yesterday: not sure if this helps but here's a table of results:
    http://www.rootsandrain.com/race1233/2012-apr-29-wdmba-1-rheola/
    Can't see Kaiser on there anywhere
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Apparently the police are now invovled. He did the practice on Saturday but didn't turn up for the race on Sunday.

Hope he's okay, very worrying :(
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    Not cool! Hope for a safe return. This has genuinely made me sad for the day. booooo
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    crazy88 wrote:
    Not cool! Hope for a safe return. This has genuinely made me sad for the day. booooo
    +sadface
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hope Alex is ok, hopefully we'll get good news soon to say he's back safe and well, may be he's just fallen gently into a ravine and is currently having a 'Flight of the Navigator' experience

Check him for small, cute extra terrestrial beings when he's back

Seriously though thoughts are with him and his fiance today as I'm sure all of ours are and praying for some good news very soon
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Who is Kaiser? Is that his real name? Hope all is well.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Woh, that's a bit of worry. Fingers crossed he turns up soon, was meant to be riding FOD with him soon good guy can't imagine him disapearing with out telling someone where he was :S
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    The Dirt website re-tweeted his other half's message, so it should be getting a fair bit of coverage:
    http://dirt.mpora.com/
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    It's all over Facebook as well...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    dodgy wrote:
    Who is Kaiser? Is that his real name? Hope all is well.

Alex Kaiser (posts here as 'Kaise') - CC regular face and all-round top-bloke. Like a few here, I've had the pleasure of riding with him, and he is f**king good company.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Holy Cr@p this is not good, let's hope he's just gone a random nothing more than that, but very concerning
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Hoping the fella turns up safe and well ready for his better half to give him a right b*******g
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • foxc_uk
    Just seen on Twitter:
    "LATEST NEWS ON ALEX Alex has been found but unfortunately had passed away in his sleep. RIP ALEX KAISER and love to sarah and his family :("

RIP :(
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    :(

Bad news according to the rider down trust.

From their twitter: "Alex has been found but unfortunately had passed away in his sleep. RIP ALEX KAISER and love to Sarah and his family"

Horrible, horrible news :( As said above, I'm sure we're all thinking of his fiancee and family.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    That's absolutely terrible news! I'm so sorry to hear it.

Never met the guy, but just knowing him on this forum I could tell he was a good guy.

It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    That's absolutely terrible news! I'm so sorry to hear it.

Never met the guy, but just knowing him on this forum I could tell he was a good guy.

Echo these throught's entirly :(

Very sad day
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    As above, never met him, but fudge me that's awful! He seemed like a top top bloke from what I knew on here.

Quite scary too. Big time sad face today now.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Fucking hell. Properly gutted about that, only met him a couple of times but he was a top bloke, both on here and in the real world.

RIP Kaise :(
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm absolutely gutted, I met him for the first time just a few weeks ago, my thoughts and condolences go out to all his family :-(
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Wow, that really is bad news. Thoughts go out to those he left behind.
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Wow.... that’s shocking news. I'm sure the guy will be sadly missed.

My thoughts are going out to his friends and family.
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    The sun rises and the sun sets.
    We comfort ourselves through the darkness with the thought it will rise again.

But tomorrow won't be as bright a day.

RIP Kaise.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Ah that's terrible news. Condolences to his family.
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    This is devastating news. I never met Alex but we had semi arranged a ride at Cwmcarn, he was gonna get a few snaps of us riding etc.

Along with everyone else my thoughts are with Sarah and the family. Makes you realise how fragile life is.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Bloody hell.

Stuck for words.

My thoughts are with his family
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Deverstated.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty