Schleck singular

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited April 2012 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-s ... ro-ditalia

Interesting - do you reckon Bruyneel drove up behind Fuglsang and pushed him off? :wink:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Should be an interesting battle between Basso and Schleck if they're both on top form.

Liquigas are sending their best: Szmyzd, Capecchi and Agnoli. That's formidable opposition.

That said, Kloden, Zaugg and Rohregger isn't bad back-up at all! This could be genuinely interesting, contrary to everything i've been thinking about this Giro.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    edited April 2012
    I think he might be trying to get the Schleks to rider their own races literally and tactically..not looking round for each other like last year in Pyrenees, or on Ventoux 2009 when AndyS kept dropping back to see where big brother was. That would be a reason..also TDF TTing is so much that perhaps Frank has been persuaded to hedge against TDF GC dissapointment
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    It definitely makes sense in terms of Bruyneel hedging his bets. Frank and Kloeden for the Giro > Andy and Horner for the Tour.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    they should have aimed for this from the start of the season. Not sure how much Basso is targeting the Giro this year. frank had the ability to win this but no idea what sort of form he is on.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I want to know what Fuglsang has ever done to warrant the role of team captain in the first place.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    afx237vi wrote:
    I want to know what Fuglsang has ever done to warrant the role of team captain in the first place.

Third overall in the Tour of Switzerland in 2010, and forth last year are his best results for stage races overall.