Knee pads for BIG knees!

neilp7
neilp7 Posts: 66
edited May 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,
i am just asking peoples advice on what kneepads they would recommend for someone with big legs?
I have been looking at the Knox Cross Lite or the G-Form pads in XXL. All others i have been looking at, 661, IXS, Fox etc don't seem to go up to my size.
I'm 18 inches around the centre of the knee and 20 inches around the lower thigh where the pad would fit.
Obviously they need to be stable.
Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Comments

• MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    661 Kyle Straits in XL should fit you fine, they come up larger than their sizing chart suggests.
  • davewalsh
    davewalsh Posts: 587
    +1 for Kyle Strait XL, I'm 17" below the knee and 20.5" above and they fit well, just wore them a few evenings round the house to break them in a bit before using them out on the trails.
  • neilp7
    Ok thanks for the replies guys, i've ordered a set of Knox cross lites, but if they are no good then it will be the 661 Kyle Staits i think!
  • neilp7
    Just a quick update, recieved the Knox cross lites but the company i ordered from sent the wrong pads twice so i just ordered a set of the 661 Kyle Straits and they fit like a dream!
    Cheers all!
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    neilp7 wrote:
    I'm 18 inches around the centre of the knee and 20 inches around the lower thigh where the pad would fit.
    That's not unusually large, actually. Xlarge Kyle straights might fit just fine.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    If they fit, G Form are very good. I have a pair and would thourougly reccomend them.