The Sunday morning washout thread

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Felchers,

Looks like the usual morning thread suspects haven't got their lazy ar$es out bed yet :) Rain will stop play yet again today, so after a couple of coffees to kick start my bladder and bowels, I need to find something to do to keep junior entertained. Looking out the window, swimming looks like the best option...

But on the bright side, I negotiated a weekend away to go to Cwmcarn next month. The Fun Prevention Officer tried to veto one weekend but she couldn't find a good reason to scupper the other one :roll:

What's everyone up to today?
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    I'm still in bed. :D

I see the Wiggle sportive has been called off due to the weather warning and trees down across the route.

So I'm going to do some accounts today. Stay in etc, work and take a day off during the week if the weather is better. It's looking horribly grey, wet and January like here in Sunny Leeds today.

So, about to get up, Coffee, remains of last nights curry for breakfast :lol:, Tv on and accounts. Yeah.
    Peter
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Morning all

Today i have been woken up by the child, at least hes being quiet so far.. come 11:00 ill have itv4 on for as much of the day as possible watching the BTCC at thruxton, given we live relativly close nad the weather being rubbish should be some good racing/crashes

Were out of bacons so had to settle for toast :|

Onwards to coffee and more toast!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Very wet out there, just did a 7 mile run and roads were flooded :( so wet feet = blisters

Today is prob swimming with family with a little play on my own as I need to practice for my first triathlon next month

Then light fire, watch film and perhaps some study
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Missus is out with friends. So I think its time for me to organise the tons of cycling gear which seems to be all over the place. Watch the Moto GP and service the hubs on the MTB. Sweet :-)
  • Morning all,

Enjoying the weather quite a bit today, not. Yesterday was spent emptying bank accounts at IKEA, but all the furniture we needed to order is now ordered, so I am happy. Should be all together this week as well, thank goodness!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    DF33 wrote:
    I see the Wiggle sportive has been called off due to the weather warning and trees down across the route.

I blame Wiggle

Morning Scuttlers.

I'm off to market in a bit to buy a fat pig, home again, home again jiggety jig....just realise that sound like a night I once had in Amsterdam.

Was going for a run this morning but its absolutely gopping out so I decided not to and look at camper vans instead on ebay.

Bought tickets for Camp Bestival last night, i'm slightly disturbed that its described as "camp" but sounds like my kind of festival, good mix of stuff and comedy on and at the end of a fortnight off for me so I can have some other holidays too before it

tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Gazlar wrote:
    Bought tickets for Camp Beastival last night,

Corrected that for you :D
    Peter
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    morning cunts.

it is wetter than an otters pocket here in not so sunny essex. I have to pack for a few days away shooting some guns, cant wait to get home already!

im hungry like the wolf even after a couple of egg and bacon bagels, i must have a tape worm but i suppose watching man vs obvious probably isnt helping.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    DF33 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Bought tickets for Camp Beastival last night,

Corrected that for you :D

Yep thats right, I'm going to see the fat lad off of the voice in concert
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    damn it's wet today! glad i went riding yesterday even if it was for just a few hours in delamere. looking at the weather it seems that mext week should be better, which is good because the next race is on next weekend. can't wait to ride some proper dh trails now. today will be a typical lazy sunday with some homework that needs to be done for tommorow
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Afternoon meatball heads!

Day so far has been meh. Me and some friends tried walking into town for some food, however after about 10ft, getting soaked and umbrella's turning inside out, we decided against it. If this is the end of the world, I'll watch it on the TV thanks.
    Todays deliberations are whether or not I should buy a bowler hat to wear with my suit. Don't know why, just think it might be quite cool.
    Later, I'm taking my friend back to Nottingham before driving back to Leeds. Fun times. Actually, it will be a fun drive.
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Good dose of manflu helps a weekend fly by :(