Video Clip on the Col d'Izoard

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi

Just uploaded a clip shot with my helmet camera in 2011 on the Raid Alpine, nice to see some blue sky, even if it is on a screen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXaJJjmZX34

Cheers to all.

Q :D

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Cracking footage - stunning scenery. :cool:

Could you tell us what helmet cam you used please?
  • Porkyboy
    Cracking footage - stunning scenery. :cool:

Could you tell us what helmet cam you used please?

Thanks for the kinds words! I use a Countour HD camera, nice and compact and avoids the "I've got a toaster on my head" look though strapping a camera to your head is never going to be the ultimate style statement!

Just about to post a another clip from my ride over the Col de la Bonette, maybe you'll enjoy that too!

Q
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Lovely, just makes me sad that we're not going to the Alps this year :( Can you imagine what it would be like to live there as a cyclist?

Keep 'em coming!
  • Porkyboy
    dodgy wrote:
    Lovely, just makes me sad that we're not going to the Alps this year :( Can you imagine what it would be like to live there as a cyclist?Keep 'em coming!

It would be brilliant wouldn't it. Loads more clips to sort out but have got a decent system now at least.

Q
  • dodgy
    Got any of Col de Joux Plane? That's my personal fave :)
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    once again brilliant stuff - the music really compliments it and a great touch ending with the busts - a big well done.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Porkyboy
    dodgy wrote:

Sorry, not at this stage but maybe one day!

Q
  • dodgy
    Porkyboy wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Q

Do it, it's epic. One of the prettiest alpine climbs imo. Fantastic restaurant/cafe at the top with views of Mont Blanc with a lake to put your hot feet into and the descent into Morzine is amazing.
  • Porkyboy
    dodgy wrote:
    Porkyboy wrote:
    dodgy wrote:

Q

Do it, it's epic. One of the prettiest alpine climbs imo. Fantastic restaurant/cafe at the top with views of Mont Blanc with a lake to put your hot feet into and the descent into Morzine is amazing.

Sounds super, on the assumption that you are in a fit state to enjoy it when you get there!

Q
  • dodgy
    But that's the thing with Alpine climbs, generally, they're a fixed gradient all the way up and usually something in the manageable range of 4 to 8%. Not like in the UK when our big climbs in the Lakes go from +2% to 6% then 25% (and more). I'm a pretty poor climber, but I have no problem with Alpine climbs, but am in hell when riding up Wrynose and Hardknott and other similar UK climbs.
  • b0dski
    b0dski Posts: 136
    Great video mate. Amazing quality footage. It hides the speed well. Bloody car's getting in the way!!
  • Great vid.

Thanks for sharing :)
  • Porkyboy
    dodgy wrote:
    But that's the thing with Alpine climbs, generally, they're a fixed gradient all the way up and usually something in the manageable range of 4 to 8%. Not like in the UK when our big climbs in the Lakes go from +2% to 6% then 25% (and more). I'm a pretty poor climber, but I have no problem with Alpine climbs, but am in hell when riding up Wrynose and Hardknott and other similar UK climbs.

Quite agree, the long steady gradients suit me very well also, much prefer them, especially coupled with the generally much better weather!

Q
  • Porkyboy
    B0DSKI wrote:
    Great video mate. Amazing quality footage. It hides the speed well. Bloody car's getting in the way!!

Yes, damned nuisance aren't they! Must admit I'm always cautious, better to arrive at the bottom in one piece behind a car than in the back of an ambulance having tried to pass the car.

Q