New dog, Cockerpoo.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Got a new puppy for my little girl, which is a cross breed of cocker spaniel and poodle, looks nice but does anyone have one of these that is older to give me an idea of temprament when they are older ? I should have dne this earlier but I seem to be doing things back to front nowadays.

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    I thought it was a Cockerdoodle... Since all dogs are bred with a specific job in mind... it does beg the question of....

What does a cockerdoodle do?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    No idea but you may want to read this that I found on the web:
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/cockerpoo-savages-little-girl.html :shock: :wink:
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Bompington - great link!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I hope Frank's missus doesn't read this, she's been after a cockerpoo for ages, or I think that's what she said :)
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    I hope Frank's missus doesn't read this, she's been after a cockerpoo for ages, or I think that's what she said :)

This thread needs locking NOW!!!!!!!!!

I tell ya "Randomness" it's a bloody conspiracy, do ya hear me a bloody conspiracy. :evil: :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    random man wrote:

Funny as fuff. Well done Sir :lol:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    We had one of those dogs many years ago when I was a kid. A bit neurotic - actually more than a bit - and lived to be about 17 (as the truly neurotic ones tend to do) but likable. Don't know what else to say - they're all different, all individuals.
  • Vesterberg
    Vesterberg Posts: 330
    i think you'll find it's called a Poobrador
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Looks like something dredged out of the shower trap
    cockapoo3.gif
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    random man wrote:

I'd heard she'd already had a cockerpoo. I think that's what I heard.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    Aggieboy wrote:
    random man wrote:

Franks not gone in for a hip op, he's been cock-a-pooped,thats what Aggieboy has just PM'd me. :D :P
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Aggieboy wrote:
    random man wrote:

Franks not gone in for a hip op, he's been cock-a-pooped,thats what Aggieboy has just PM'd me. :D :P

Oooooh, like that is it you little f*cker. I've just minimized typing out 4 questions especially for you as well - can't find them now animated-smileys-cheeky-046.gif
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    random man wrote:

Oooooh, like that is it you little f*cker. I've just minimized typing out 4 questions especially for you as well - can't find them now animated-smileys-cheeky-046.gif
    AAArrgghhhh, this is gonna be like eazys decals, I'm never gonna see them questions now am I ?
    Sorry, sorry, sorry, just trying to up my post count, join back in, be a part of a good thing. Don't ostracize me here, be the bigger man and ask me 4 questions, pplleeeeze ??? :oops: :oops: :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Got a new puppy for my little girl, which is a cross breed of cocker spaniel and poodle, looks nice but does anyone have one of these that is older to give me an idea of temprament when they are older ? I should have dne this earlier but I seem to be doing things back to front nowadays.
    i'll try for a sensible answer as friend of our has a 1 year old one of these. Lovely dog, nice natured and good with/tolerant of kids (of the tail pulling 2 year old variety). Not sure if that's typical of the breed but if it doesn't work, sell it and get the new 'must-have' cross breed in England, the Chavrador:

F_200410_october28e_228278a.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    My mate has one about 18 months old, still a bit bonkers and he wont bring it to the pub. he only exercises it using his bike so now he has a super fit dog that needs to well and truly "run". Cute though and good fun with the kids..

Try a book by Jan Fennel, http://www.janfennellthedoglistener.com , but it helped us in training our mental dog who now for the most part does what it should. Good luck.
  • ben16v
    ben16v Posts: 296
    my parents have 2 brothers, a black one and a blond one - the black one is super chilled and really well behaved the blondie is hyper as anything - jumps and nibbles but still quite nice
    the black one has a love of alcohol - will knock wine glasses, beers etc over to get a drink
    they dont malt fur which is a big plus for most people but it means you have to take them to the barbers for a trim and they are quite valuable so be cautious of people who will steall them - pikies!
    i need more bikes
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I ended up with a cockerpoo last time I got a bit carried away in the bedroom when drunk with MrsNapD.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Anonymous
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I ended up with a cockerpoo last time I got a bit carried away in the bedroom when drunk with MrsNapD.

Dirty boy. :D
  • Do the whole world a favour and pop it in a sack with a couple of bricks and drop it in a lake.
    You'll have more cash, won't be covered in hair and you and your house won't stink.
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.
  • CambsNewbie
    CambsNewbie Posts: 564
    Do the whole world a favour and pop it in a sack with a couple of bricks and drop it in a lake.
    You'll have more cash, won't be covered in hair and you and your house won't stink.
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.

Hmmm.. In light of several other topics going on here and that a couple of members have recently lost much-beloved dogs you might want to re-think your post. And if it is tongue-in-cheek you need to stick a smiley on.

Otherwise prepare for the backlash.. I'm going to go and take cover now. Let me know when it's over... It's going to get messy!
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    My mate in my band has a Cockerpoo, and to answer the op's question, the dog, Jess is now 18 months old and is the most adorable, well tempered, charming, well trained young dog. It was easy to toilet train, and is great with his three kids, who absolutely adore her. Cockerpoo is a good choice of dog for a family. Enjoy the puppy.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    All jokes aside we have a Cockerpoo!

Brilliant family dog.

The good bits - No hairs around the house, doesn't make your house smell like a dog (unless dipped in a muddy river), great fun if a little crazy, great personality doesn't always do exactly as she's told which leads to lots of funny stuff, very very cute, loads of comments from other dog owners, very affectionate, non aggressive, never heard ours growl, brilliant with kids.

The bad bits - chews stuff although she is growing out of this to some extent, needs lots of walks, looks a bit like a mop when their hair gets too long, said mop can get matted if not brushed often enough, said mop can come back from a muddy forest looking a bit like a muddy forest.

The no hairs part is a real bonus, can't stand it when you go to someones house and there are dog hairs everywhere. If you get their hair cut really short in early spring then they won't shed so you really don't have to worry about a house full of dog hair.

Love ours to bits

546283_10150826079947743_555497742_11702903_488048840_n.jpg
  • Anonymous
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    All jokes aside we have a Cockerpoo!

Brilliant family dog.

The good bits - No hairs around the house, doesn't make your house smell like a dog (unless dipped in a muddy river), great fun if a little crazy, great personality doesn't always do exactly as she's told which leads to lots of funny stuff, very very cute, loads of comments from other dog owners, very affectionate, non aggressive, never heard ours growl, brilliant with kids.

The bad bits - chews stuff although she is growing out of this to some extent, needs lots of walks, looks a bit like a mop when their hair gets too long, said mop can get matted if not brushed often enough, said mop can come back from a muddy forest looking a bit like a muddy forest.

The no hairs part is a real bonus, can't stand it when you go to someones house and there are dog hairs everywhere. If you get their hair cut really short in early spring then they won't shed so you really don't have to worry about a house full of dog hair.

Love ours to bits

546283_10150826079947743_555497742_11702903_488048840_n.jpg
    Brilliant, your dog is gorgeous. :D
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Do the whole world a favour and pop it in a sack with a couple of bricks and drop it in a lake.
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.

either you're missing a smilie, or you're a bell end !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    MattC59 wrote:
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.

either you're missing a smilie, or you're a bell end !

Or both.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.

Miserable cnut, maybe we could do you a favour and put you into a sack with bricks etc...
    We are a nation of dog/animal lovers - is it any surprise people often prefer dogs to humans?
    I reserve this line for certain people:
    See what happens when cousins marry? Thats the sort of pr1ck you get.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I'd like to think BHW's post was tongue in cheek.

My Missus is desperate for a cockerpoo dog and so far I've resisted. I love dogs, as long as they're someone elses. The wearing down process is never ending though.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Do the whole world a favour and pop it in a sack with a couple of bricks and drop it in a lake.
    We'll all be winners.

That's all.

Just read this.

What a *uckwit you are.