10 things what I have

p9uma
p9uma Posts: 565
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Learned today...

1. If it is sunny out, but the forecast is rain, know this; You will get wet, very wet.
2. Puddles hide potholes. They do it on purpose ( ouch)
3. Rain seems (is)  wetter on a road bike.
4. Always wear eye protection, even though you won't be able to see where you are going.
5. I need to buy waterproof trousers and / or mudguards
6. There are three degrees of wet. 1st; gaah! Why am I doing this, it's meant to fun. 2nd; bollix it don't matter now, I can't get any wetter. 3; lorry drive past through flooded road right by you.
7. Brakes are crap on road bike in the wet.
8. Tyres are crap on a road bike in the wet.
9. If you think you look stupid in Lycra, have look at your self in dripping wet Lycra.
10. The ride was still fun and my new carbon bike did not melt in the rain, and a nice BIG piece of lemon drizzle cake tastes nicer after a ride like that.
Trek Madone 3.5
Whyte Coniston
1970 Dawes Kingpin

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    p9uma wrote:
    Learned today...

1. If it is sunny out, but the forecast is rain, know this; You will get wet, very wet.
    2. Puddles hide potholes. They do it on purpose ( ouch)
    3. Rain seems (is)  wetter on a road bike.
    4. Always wear eye protection, even though you won't be able to see where you are going.
    5. I need to buy waterproof trousers and / or mudguards
    6. There are three degrees of wet. 1st; gaah! Why am I doing this, it's meant to fun. 2nd; bollix it don't matter now, I can't get any wetter. 3; lorry drive past through flooded road right by you.
    7. Breaks are crap on road bike in the wet.
    8. Tyres are crap on a road bike in the wet.
    9. If you think you stupid in Lycra, have look at your self in dripping wet Lycra.
    10. The ride was still fun and my new carbon bike did not melt in the rain, and a nice BIG piece of lemon drizzle cake tastes nicer after a ride like that.

Jens voight would be pleased. :wink:
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    I learned today that:

Cross bike+rain+canti brakes+downhill+sharp bend = Close encounter with hedgerow

Also

Riding through rivers (used to be known as roads) is hard work :D
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    I must get some Lemon Drizzle cake in for after my planned ride on Sunday. Thanks.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I must get some Lemon Drizzle cake instead of my planned ride on Sunday. Thanks.

FTFY
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • p9uma
    Mike67 wrote:
    I learned today that:

Cross bike+rain+canti brakes+downhill+sharp bend = Close encounter with hedgerow

Also

Riding through rivers (used to be known as roads) is hard work :D

You ain't lyin'
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • p9uma
    Gizmodo wrote:
    I must get some Lemon Drizzle cake in for after my planned ride on Sunday. Thanks.

I'm here to serve.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin