The Official TFI Friday Morning Thread™...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Gheys!

Clearly the other thread is a fake, and as I'm in pain from waking up early, and bored, I figured I'd make a proper Morning Thread.

Today, I'm in work for half a day wooo! So I'll be home by 12:15. That's pretty much the most exciting thing for the rest of the day :lol:

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Morning Gheys!

Clearly the other thread is a fake, and as I'm in pain from waking up early, and bored, I figured I'd make a proper Morning Thread.

Today, I'm in work for half a day wooo! So I'll be home by 12:15. That's pretty much the most exciting thing for the rest of the day :lol:

Laters!

you're just grumpy cos I woke up before you :lol:
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    1:33am, I had only just gone to bed! :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    1:33am, I had only just gone to bed! :lol:

:cry: I was asleep by 1030 :x in preperation for a long day and night today
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumtards

Not doing much today, got to go collect some train tickets, babysitting the little cousin later. In between I think I'll try and do some uni work, alternatively might pop down to the natural history museum, apparently there's some good animal thing on there

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

After another gravel rash rubbish sleep I am ready for the day ahead!

Just agreed to do sleepless in a saddle with some mates - how hard can it be!
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' goat tuppers

Last night went totally to pot as rain prevented work on the car and the computor decided to go on the fritz. Me and the manufacture shall be having a conversation, I feel.

However, today is Friday and consequently there's bacons in my very near future. And coffee. 8)

I've then got a demo event and about a billion other significant work things to do. Today, I will mostly not have time to be getting bored. :(

....and I really like quiet Fridays. Curse you, Fate. Curse you, and your blacked heart, you luck-based b*tch. :lol:

Onwards! To bacons!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    morning nobbers and nobbed
    Well last night against my wishes and against my advice the company made 2 employees redundant, then they went home as they didnt want to work, wait, :shock: really :! really? didnt see that one comming :roll: so i had no one to work last night. i ended up being in till 22:30 after starting at 06:00 :roll: so today will be spent dealing with the fallout from this :cry:

on the upside, bacon-sausage footlong has been consumed :) washed down with a full caffine perculated coffee :)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Busy day at work for once, then TFN will be arriving, for curry and drinking.

Better get on with it, so much to do as I lost 45mins of work time last night while I tried to decide whether to buy a Yeti ASR7 at less than half price...
    Decided not to, but decided I want an AM bike.
    Right, onward, to paperwork
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning pigrats

today is mince about, meeting, lunch, deliver wood to a mate, change tyres on the ^^AM 5^^, meeting, tidy house, load bikes and shizz on the car for early pedal tomorrow, loaf, welcome wife home, bottle of wine, chance my arm and be miserable coz i failed and bed

X
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    foxc_uk wrote:
    I tried to decide whether to buy a Yeti ASR7 at less than half price...
    Foxy, not sure how you managed to resist that one...but you're definitely headed in the right direction.

Morning Sausage Jockeys,

I have Weetabix and coffee in front of me so all is well. Am going through my list of recruitment/headhunter types types as I reckon I need to get back to work before too long. But I'm not doing it too fast, want to enjoy some summer biking :) Then might manage a quick blast round the woods later if it doesn't p1ss down again and the trouble 'n' strife doesn't cause too many problems.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    Morning c*ck wallops.

Currently still in bed, but work is getting closer at 11.
    Today will be spent machining metal and deciding whether to enter Racers Guild timed runs on Sunday. As i believe weather will be well and truly "meh"

that is all
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning Givers and Receivers,

Weather here again is truly meh. Can't remember the last time it wasn't raining.

Today will be spent drinking coffee and doing work related stuff. Hoping for a relaxed day in work but it's busy as feck at the moment.

Tonight will be spent trying to drink the 18 cans of larger I bought yesterday while trying to play Skyrim on the XBOX. I've given up playing Battlefield3 - there's only so many times you can get your arse kicked by some cocky 10 year old.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • foxc_uk
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Foxy, not sure how you managed to resist that one...but you're definitely headed in the right direction.
    I'm still tempted, but I haven't sat on one and with my odd leg/body length combo I didn't want to risk it...
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    I'm still tempted, but I haven't sat on one and with my odd leg/body length combo I didn't want to risk it...

Do you really need 7 inches?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    so tempted, but will not. even though this is the CC.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • foxc_uk
    supersonic wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:

Do you really need 7 inches?
    Of course! :twisted:
  • supersonic
    I think you should go and sit on one then, and report your findings.
  • foxc_uk
    supersonic wrote:
    I think you should go and sit on one then, and report your findings.
    If I can find one I will.
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2012
    I can handle almost anything with just over 6 inches of travel om my AM bike.

Edit for sensible comment. There's an ex-demo ASR 7 in stock at the Yeti dealer near me (might be the one you're looking at as it's half price?). Maybe bit far for you but if you're going to splash that much cash it's worth a trip darn sarf...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • supersonic
    I've only got 120mm unfortunately.
  • foxc_uk
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Edit for sensible comment. There's an ex-demo ASR 7 in stock at the Yeti dealer near me (might be the one you're looking at as it's half price?). Maybe bit far for you but if you're going to splash that much cash it's worth a trip darn sarf...
    At Bromley's perchance? That's the one I'm looking at.. Trying to find one oop north to try out...
  • Stevo_666
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    At Bromley's perchance? That's the one I'm looking at.. Trying to find one oop north to try out...
    Yep that's the one. Not sure how many other places stock the ASR-7 - seem to remember they were quite thin on the ground compared to the 575's and ASR-5's.
  • foxc_uk
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yep that's the one. Not sure how many other places stock the ASR-7 - seem to remember they were quite thin on the ground compared to the 575's and ASR-5's.
    Add to that they stopped making them in 2011.. might have to find something else to lust after
  • Stevo_666
    Someone on here might be able to help if you're still after one, but it does get mixed reviews even on the Yetifan forum.
  • foxc_uk
    I know the guy who runs that site actually, and he said he liked it..
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    bg13 wrote:
    morning pigrats

today is mince about, meeting, lunch, deliver wood to a mate, change tyres on the ^^AM 5^^, meeting, tidy house, load bikes and shizz on the car for early pedal tomorrow, loaf, welcome wife home, bottle of wine, chance my arm and be miserable coz i failed and bed

X

Did you really just say you're going to give a mate wood?

Really?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Sorry for shouting but today has been full on bad.

Stupid contractors tampered with an intruder alarm panel, setting the alarm off. Admin then phone every phone in our office to let us know there's an alarm going off. Oh really or am I deaf?

Mental minion is still dribbling at his desk and is having trouble counting to potato. Turns out the person above me who was 'sorting it' with HR has done absolutely nothing. We're now getting major complaints about our service.

Oh and that same person is not in today, he's playing golf with a client. Except I had a meeting with the client and he's not.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Greetings programs,

Today i have eaten curry for lunch in the welsh style half n half(half rice half chips) mucho goodness.

And only 120mm sonic? I got me 160 :P

Go have a ride on the Yeti lass, as with all bikes not for everyone. the longer the travel i find the more differently the various bikes ride. Like mine about as efficient as running the 100meters underwater but fantastic on the downs. You need to have a clear idea what you want out of the bike in terms of more for desending or all round riding and so on :) my 2p there
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    and i nearly got away with it coz you're all trying to tell Foxc how many inches she needs!

she needs an Orange 5, end of!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • foxc_uk
    bg13 wrote:
    and i nearly got away with it coz you're all trying to tell Foxc how many inches she needs!

she needs an Orange 5, end of!
    I know how many inches I want...

errrr not to be rude but....GTFO