1. Ipswich to Norwich
2. Nottingham to Knowsley Safari Park
3. Jedburgh to Dumfries
4. Carlisle to Blackpool
5. Stoke to Stoke
6. Welshpool to Caerphilly
7. Barnstaple to Dartmouth
8. Reigate to Gulidford

More hills promised, no TT, twice up Caerphilly mountain and a finish with elephants.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    Doesn't finish in London?
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Looks promising. I've been quite impressed by how they've improved this race in the last couple of years, hopefully the trend will continue.

Rick, no finish in London this year as they are all too busy worrying about the Olympics.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • RichN95 wrote:
    2. Nottingham to Knowsley Safari Park

Don't want to finish that stage behind the autobus, you might get picked off by a lion!
  • rick_chasey
    Looks promising. I've been quite impressed by how they've improved this race in the last couple of years, hopefully the trend will continue.

Rick, no finish in London this year as they are all too busy worrying about the Olympics.

Ah, makes sense.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Ouch. Some nasty transfers there!

Sounds good though!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Rick, no finish in London this year as they are all too busy worrying about the Olympics.

This is quite plainly not right. The race should come to Rick, not the other way round! :wink:
  • rick_chasey

This is quite plainly not right. The race should come to Rick, not the other way round! :wink:

This man speaks sense.

The olympics route did :).
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908

So glad it doesn't finish in London. Its a sh*t setting especially if they just dump the race in the Industrial estate (probably wouldn't do that now cycling has 'become popular'). London get everything, the place is chaos for spectators, the finish is dull, and there happens to be some people interested in Sport/National Events/Current Affairs/Commuting/Politics/Everything that live outside the great steaming dump that is our capital city.
  • rick_chasey
    there happens to be some people interested in Sport/National Events/Current Affairs/Commuting/Politics/Everything that live outside the great steaming dump that is our capital city.

:shock:

People like sport outside of London?

WTF?
  • :shock:

There's a world outside of London?

WTF?

Fixed that for you. :wink:
  • thegibdog wrote:
    Guildford's not in London??

Outside M25 = Not London = Might as well be on another planet!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    just announced

its goign to knowsley safari park - its just up the road, yahoo - they might keep greipel in, hehe

http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_news/d ... ews_id=247
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • LeicesterLad
    just announced
    its goign to knowsley safari park - its just up the road, yahoo - they might keep greipel in, hehe

http://www.tourofbritain.com/_ns_news/d ... ews_id=247

Really, its been up on ProRace for a while :wink:

Good route this year, nice and hilly, and not finishing in London either. All good.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Everything that live outside the great steaming dump that is our capital city.

Are you from Leicester? And you feel comfortable calling London a dump?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    Excellent, I can take Friday off to watch the Welsh stage then get home and pack the family into the car to shoot off to the caravan for a weekend and watch the penultimate stage on Dartmoor and possibly in Dartmouth :) I hope they are opening up the extended park and ride as used for the regatta as parking in Dartmouth is a nightmare at the best of times!!
  • LeicesterLad
    iainf72 wrote:

Correct, and Leicester is a hell hole, some nice 'bits' of Leicestershire, but the town itself is rotten - however Leicester is hardly up there in the we win/get/present everything stakes is it?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    hehe i blame road cc
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    A third of the UK population live in and around London. For sponsors this matters.
  • inkyfingers

So glad it doesn't finish in London. Its a sh*t setting especially if they just dump the race in the Industrial estate (probably wouldn't do that now cycling has 'become popular'). London get everything, the place is chaos for spectators, the finish is dull, and there happens to be some people interested in Sport/National Events/Current Affairs/Commuting/Politics/Everything that live outside the great steaming dump that is our capital city.

To be fair they plonked it out in the East End one year because the pope was visitng at the time and the police said they couldn't cope with two "major" events in central London. The course in central London that they used last year and in the previous years was perfect for a final stage/TT, with good transport links and iconic surroundings for visitors and TV cameras.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • iainf72
    You're right.

One of the worlds great cities gets-lots-of-stuff shocka! ;)
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

I believe Mr. Bruyneel is a fan of my stomping ground, if I'm not mistaken.
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:
    You're right.

One of the worlds great cities gets-lots-of-stuff shocka! ;)

I pity all those people who live outside the south east, must be hard to walk around with such big chips on their shoulder.
  • iainf72

Sloan Ranger.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    andyp wrote:
    A third of the UK population live in and around London. For sponsors this matters.
    And Ipswich, Reigate and Gulidford are all 'around London'
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,097
    Ipswich? :shock:

That's nearly in Holland.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,452
    There'll be some cracking photo opportunities for people on the section from Slapton to Blackpool Sands as well.
  • rick_chasey
    Merged cake stop thread into this one.
  • inkyfingers
    iainf72 wrote:

He only likes London because it's the only place in Europe where the police aren't liable to burst through the door in the middle of the night.
  • rick_chasey
    iainf72 wrote:

He only likes London because it's the only place in Europe where the police aren't liable to burst through the door in the middle of the night.

I imagine that's why Bruyneel likes it too.