Morning Contador

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
edited May 2012 in Pro race
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 33STUHKSWs

Just for you French!

I doubt this is the only time you've seen Contador waking up in bed 8) :).

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha, what is it about?

They could have done without the start - the shots on the slopes are great.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Haha, what is it about?

They could have done without the start - the shots on the slopes are great.

likewise French Fighter, what is Alberto saying ?? good vid though
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    Its the FLEX beef company advert. He says he has beef twice a day, for breakfast in the morning to make him big and strong for the days cycling and in the evenings to relax with a nice sirloin. :)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    ...and back to bed at the end of a long day...

79110144.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Flex sell matresses.
    Alberto Contador and the FLEX company held a press conference yesterday to introduce an advertising campaign starring the rider. The ads will be aired on television starting today and will culminate on May 16, when Alberto will again ride the 2010 Tour de France stage that ended atop the legendary Tourmalet.

Contador said today that he had decided to work with FLEX because “it seemed like a nice idea and a good way to thank people for the support that they’ve given me.” As for FLEX, the company has chosen Alberto Contador as “an example of an ordinary person who tackles extraordinary challenges.”

In addition to the television spots, Alberto Contador’s ride of the Tourmalet stage will be covered live online at the FLEX website, FLEX.es, where people can also leave messages of support for the champion.

The motto of the advertising campaign is “arriba”, an allusion to Alberto Contador’s ability to get up every day in spite of the difficulties that he has encountered in his daily life as a professional cyclist.

Be sure to tune in on the 16th to see him tackling the Tourmalet.

acoffFLEX042620122a.jpg
    acoffFLEX04262012.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    Yes, tune in to watch a banned cyclist toodling his way up a famous climb to promote a mattress company, it will be compelling viewing.
  • rick_chasey
    mfin wrote:
    Yes, tune in to watch a banned cyclist toodling his way up a famous climb to promote a mattress company, it will be compelling viewing.

Nothing wrong with cyclists promoting mattresses.

201101061020.jpg
    STDW377INNERGETIC.jpg.h600.jpg.938.jpg

Tdf2010chav-pineau.jpg

20103028_140917_600.jpg
  • mfin
    I know, that's what I meant... I've put it in my diary already, I hope the highlights are on Eurosport if I'm working at the time though, well, they're bound to be, its a big event!
  • rick_chasey
    Steegmans looks quite inviting.
  • DavMartinR
    DavMartinR Posts: 897
    mfin wrote:

Deffinalty a SNOOOOZE fest.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    Chav and Martin are just a little bit too close for my liking...
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Cogidubnus wrote:

No wonder poor Tusher was confused as to whether Tony was playing for United or City.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    LangerDan wrote:
    Cogidubnus wrote:

No wonder poor Tusher was confused as to whether Tony was playing for United or City.

Exactly what I thought. Germans and Frotteurism :roll:
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    ahem..........and back to the Contador video..............

I thought at first glance that it was his teeth in the glass beside the bed.

Why have 'comments have been disabled form this video?'
  • frenchfighter
    Photos:
    http://www.steephill.tv/2012/alberto-co ... s/page-01/

6hrs solo over three mountains. Heavyweight.
    After topping the Tourmalet, Alberto – who arrived to the applause of a large group of fans – said that it had been "a very long, hard day, because we ended up leaving a little late (at noon), and doing a stage like this gets pretty long when you do it solo."

Alberto emphasized that, during the 6+ hours of pedaling, he had "very good memories when I passed each place. I really liked the experience, plus we had good luck with the weather."

Alberto said that he particularly remembered "the attacks that Andy Schleck and I did on the Tourmalet. FLEX´s idea has left me with a great feeling."

Contador said that he felt very well throughout the day, "very comfortable," he said, "even though I knew I had to pace myself, because these are very demanding climbs," and especially because "I only started preparing for the Vuelta a España two weeks ago. But I'm the kind of rider that doesn't lose much form, and even though there were 4,600 vertical meters, I've been able to do pretty well."

About the three mountains that he climbed today, Alberto indicated that, of course, "the Tourmalet is hardest, because it's the final one and because of the number of kilometers, but it's also the most enjoyable, even though the Marie Blanque is also noteworthy."

Video of the ride tomorrow at noon: http://www.flex.es/tourflex/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Contador wrote:
    that he particularly remembered "the attacks that Andy Schleck and I did on the Tourmalet.

Attacks? He must be mistaken all I remember is two mates riding up a big hill together and hugging at the summit.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I really can't wait until he's competing again. A mountain stage without Alberto is like a broken pencil :(
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    A mountain stage without Alberto is like a broken pencil :(

What, like this?

stock-photo-4288390-broken-pencil.jpg

Pencil still works though. In fact, if you sharpen the bit with the rubber on it, you have two pencils! :D
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    What, like this?

Pencil still works though. In fact, if you sharpen the bit with the rubber on it, you have two pencils! :D

I meant 'pointless'. But I like your response better ;)
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    What, like this?

I meant 'pointless'. But I like your response better ;)

Just think about the Vuelta. makes all the pain go away.
  • frenchfighter
    Several hours worth here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClamBSj ... ture=watch

Looking forward to watching that later today. I feel sorry for those that cant back this Champion.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    A mountain stage without Alberto is like a broken pencil :(

What, like this?

Odd stage profile. Big climb to start off, but surely a descent that long gives everyone a chance to get back on?

Will be a boring stage, fact!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    mfin wrote:

Nothing wrong with cyclists promoting mattresses.

20103028_140917_600.jpg

Thats the second biggest chamois I've ever seen!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent