House of Kolor Orange

Comments

• Matt-r8 wrote:
    Where abouts is your mate based please.
    Pm if you prefer.
    Cheers.

Matt.

He is in Taunton in the south west. Hope this helps.
    And thanks Persiks I'll give that a try.

Cheers
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Cheers. We're thinking of going down to Cornwall later in the year, so could drop it off on the way down. Will pm you my details at a later date if I do decide to have it done, if that is ok?

Cheers.
    Matt.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    phwoar, that's looking fucking lovely!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Hello all,
    had a big delivery the other day so was able to have some fun putting a load of bits on my bike.

Deore cranks, shifters, rear mech (upgrading when funds allow)
    Hope seat clamp and post
    Ritchey comp handle bars
    chain and cassette
    IMG_1534.jpg
    and my awesome saddle
    IMG_1542.jpg

a few man hours and a load of grease later

this is before i trimmed the hoses
    IMG_1535.jpg
    and after
    IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1544.jpg
    IMG_1537.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1540.jpg
    IMG_1539.jpg

So this is how it stands at the moment,i do need to move the seat back a little and then ill be happy. Went on a lil ride for the first time earlier and the bike feels great, just waiting on a front mech to arrive and some spacers for my stem, and then ill get some grips on and it will all be finished. i can't wait to put it though its paces on the hill, going to be great,

Cheers
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    Cheers. We're thinking of going down to Cornwall later in the year, so could drop it off on the way down. Will pm you my details at a later date if I do decide to have it done, if that is ok?

Cheers.
    Matt.

Hi Matt
    yeah all sounds good, my mate is on this forum (hellafoolsbe) so probably best to contact him to sort out all your details, hope this helps
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    Now that looks Wicked ConanG 8) 8) and i'm looking forward to you getting it finished off and getting it out on the trails for a proper blast so you can tell us how good it is ;) .
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    holy ball destroying seat angle, batman!

the bike looks awesome, what does it weight in at?
  • Are you really going to take that outside and get it all mucky!? :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Chain stay protector on that ASAP!
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Looking good! Might be worth speaking to a decal company to see if you can get some sid decals in the right shade of orange-if the forks matched it would look even better!
  • Mylo Tylo
    Mylo Tylo Posts: 79
    Nice build, what I wanted to do with a 5, keeping it Great British, with Hope a lot. Then I came onto this forum (prob not the best thing to do) and both been slated so reviewing my plans now. All I know is my next bike is going to be a bit of a dream self build, something I have always wanted to do. Looking forward to seeing your finish bike.
    Whyte JW2
    Gimp Perv (BMX)
  • Mylo Tylo wrote:
    Nice build, what I wanted to do with a 5, keeping it Great British, with Hope a lot. Then I came onto this forum (prob not the best thing to do) and both been slated so reviewing my plans now. All I know is my next bike is going to be a bit of a dream self build, something I have always wanted to do. Looking forward to seeing your finish bike.

Hi there Mylo
    If you want to build that then you should, Hope is really good but not the best money can buy and the same with Orange and you will not be disappointed.
    Don't listen to what everyone else says just do what you want, you'll be happier at the end then.

Im heading into town later to get the rest of the parts to finish my bike and then will make a few adjustments and then i will be out there seeing how it rides, i can't wait.

Cheers
  • So here it is, pretty much all done, will swap the pedals with my mate for black ones but other then that for now i am all done, upgrades will come but not for a while yet,
    IMG_1567.jpg
    IMG_1566.jpg
    IMG_1565.jpg
    IMG_1564.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1560.jpg
    IMG_1559.jpg
    IMG_1558.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1552.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1548.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg

Thanks to everyone for reading and for leaving comments, hope you all enjoyed this thread.
    I have loved building this bike and i am so happy with how it has turned out, it feels amazing to ride and i can't wait to make it filthy.
    i look forward to starting a new thread with my next build,

Cheers
  • emseens
    emseens Posts: 146
    Really nice bike, loving the simplicity and color, hate pedals and seat.
    Nice work mate ;)
  • Gorgeous build, that colour and finish really is stunning in the daylight. Like the keeping it british idea.. Only suggestions for improvements would be the mismatch on the orange forks: you could just take that off with a hair dryer if its decal and plain black would look better imho. Glad you are doing black pedals too. A cracking job. Well done mate.
  • IT66T
    That's one amazing looking bike now you've finished it and i still can't get over how good that paint work looks 8) .
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Cheers, I'll pm your mate ref re-spray. You've done a cracking job with the build, just need some pedals now;)
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    That is absolutely superb. 8)

You`re right to change the pedals to black,the mismatching forks decals need changing or removed,and I reckon a simple FIzik Gobi or Charge Spoon in black would make it perfect but 10/10 for effort and thanks for one of the most enjoyable "Your bike" thereads for a while.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • i thought id just come in and drop the ' i did a good job on that respray' cos damn, it looks pretty good, not perfect, gun was feathering on the clear coat, but Co, it looks nice. the old man put the forks on the bike, and the Red looks mental in the sun! see you tomoz, bright and early and all that ;)))))))))))
    What is a Signature>?
  • IT66T
    Sounds like some one is blowing their own trumpet HeIIaooIsbe and i don't blame you as it looks amazing lol :wink: .
  • ConanG1989
    ConanG1989 Posts: 64
    House of kolor is definitely the only way to go.
  • IT66T
    I have to agree with you on that point ConanG1989 as it just oozes quality :) .
  • Love that seat, what a stunning bike
  • ConanG1989
    Its had a good few rides now and here it was after a really good one.

799334e6.jpg
    8701e230.jpg
    16d91eed.jpg
    a2957ea0.jpg
    1b6104c5.jpg
    cd59a61d.jpg
    0d9dd846.jpg
    3a6692ad.jpg
    7d69e57c.jpg

So not so clean and tidy now and that is how i like to see it.
    It rides amazingly and handles really really well, i couldn't ask for any better really, forks make the ride so smooth and the brakes i am still bedding in and they are incredible, just an absolute joy to ride.
    the best thing is i am able to take a lot of the downhill sections at triscombe along with all the downhill bikers and then i get to ride past them all as they walk their bikes to the top, :D

Thanks to everyone who has replied to this thread positively and if you don't like the bike you are crazy, ITS AMAZING :P
  • IT66T
    It's good to see you've been out enjoying the bike and it's working like it should , so when the brakes are bedded in you'll be going even faster on the trails weeeeee 8) .
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Looking very good! You'll certainly be spotted on the trail now! I home-sprayed my Canyon too, really enjoyed doing it. It's lasted pretty well so far. Glad to see others biting the spraycan and giving it a go (even if it was your mate :) )!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Niice job. Great project.
  • rocketman76
    rocketman76 Posts: 195
    lovely job. Loved watching it all come together.

Enjoy it...
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Nice build thread
    Good colour too epecially with the brown tint :D
  • ConanG1989
    Had a bit of a accident the other day on a trail. the result was expensive.

IMG_1662.jpg
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    ouch...am i right in thinking you've bent the fork steerer too?