Potty training!!!

barty81
barty81 Posts: 145
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
ive been left alone today with 2 1/2 year old daughter, who is on day 3 of potty training. Im close to tears :lol:. im close to jacking in and slapping the nappy on, im constanstly chasing her with kitchen roll and wet wipes. any advice???
Giant xtc
Canyon nerve am 7

Comments

• jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    You've left it too late. Kids should be potty trained by their first birthdays. You'll now spend hte rest of your life chasing around cleaning up after her. Enjoy your misery :twisted:
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Stick with it or you'll stick to it! FYI girls are usually quicker at it than boys. Good luck.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    Just be patient fella, when she clicks that its the potty she needs to use she will..........
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    I potty trained my first daughter in a day or two with a bag of jelly babies.

I put her on the potty every 15 minutes for the first hour. I stood there holding the bag of jelly babies and if she produced anything - she got a jelly baby, if she produced nothing - she got nothing.

After the first hour, I slowly widened the gap between visits until it was about every hour or so but exactly the same routine - any wee and she got a jelly baby, no wee and she got nothing.

She had it mostly cracked within about 3 or 4 hours. Once the bag of jelly babies were gone, I told her there were no more but it didn't matter by then.

But I should say that you won't potty train her till she's ready, you can't rush them on these things.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just teach by example.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • barty81
    cooldad wrote:
    Just teach by example.

had a dump in front of her this morning if that counts :lol: scarred for life
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    We just left the little fellers potty out in the garden one summers day and him without shorts on for a few hours and every time he came back for a trickle we put shiny stickers on the potty for him. He thought it was fab and never looked back.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Musical potty, thats how we did it in our house, now i can leave my wife at home all day on her own!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Wow this is the CC I'm surprised no one has taken the p i s s yet..........

....I'll get my coat.
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    I was going to reply but it's such a sh1t thread....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    jndb72 wrote:
    You've left it too late. Kids should be potty trained by their first birthdays. You'll now spend hte rest of your life chasing around cleaning up after her. Enjoy your misery :twisted:

Children develop at diffrent rates so your comment isn't accurate.

Children will learn when they are ready to, weather thats before their 1st birthday or after.

My Son got it quickly where as my Daughter was terrified of the potty and took a little longer.
  • barty81
    well i can report that i have been crud catching all day!! i believe theres light at the end of the poop tunnel!
    cheers for the practical comments
    Giant xtc
    Canyon nerve am 7
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    both our kids were no trouble.

Well to me, as the wife did it all :)
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    mar_k wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:

Children will learn when they are ready to, weather thats before their 1st birthday or after.

My Son got it quickly where as my Daughter was terrified of the potty and took a little longer.

It was said in jest. I worry sometimes about how seriously some comments are taken, especially here, in CC.

Chill out
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Im not looking forward to potty training my daughter tbh, i dont fancy cleaning crap out of a potty, id rather just dangle her over toilet when she's having a dump.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    jndb72 wrote:
    mar_k wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:

It was said in jest. I worry sometimes about how seriously some comments are taken, especially here, in CC.

Chill out

seriously chap throw away comments like that cost lives, young and impresionable members of the CC could take you literally,

i mean only a few weeks back Sheeps told Fully Monged to go fu*k himself and he hasnt been seen since, lord knows what shape he in now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    mak3m wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:
    mar_k wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:

Chill out

seriously chap throw away comments like that cost lives, young and impresionable members of the CC could take you literally,

i mean only a few weeks back Sheeps told Fully Monged to go fu*k himself and he hasnt been seen since, lord knows what shape he in now.

Fully monged is just bumming around somewhere (he could reach himself)
  • mar_k
    mar_k Posts: 323
    jndb72 wrote:
    mar_k wrote:
    jndb72 wrote:

Chill out

I should have paid more attention to which forum the thread was in, Im sorry.