a thought

j0sh123
j0sh123 Posts: 21
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
this is in no way intended to be sexist or steryotypical, just a guenuine question/observation.
Over the past 5 years that I have been riding, I have noticed that the majority of MTBers are male- and those that are female seem to be the butch kinda type, which I totally accept, but I was wondering, are there actually any lasses out there who love to go out and blast the trails, but are more feminine when off the bike? Do these girls exist?
My ideal girl would be something like this.. ;)
anyway just something I was thinking about whilst riding home tonight, ha.

Comments

• concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Its unlikely is it.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I know a few (well, 3 or 4 spring to mind) who fit that description actually, some are better riders/more feminine than others, but I wouldn't call any of them butch.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    j0sh123 wrote:
    I have noticed that the majority of MTBers are male-

Depends where you ride , I see plenty of young fit ladies when out riding , maybe when they see you coming they hide in the bushes. :lol:
  • SupraMel
    SupraMel Posts: 53
    I generally tend to surprise people as I love my hand bags, clothes and heels but if I'm not out shopping for them then I'm on a MTB ride or getting covered in engine oil and brake fluid tinkering with my car :-) Now I just need a handbag with loops to go on the bike and some cute shoes with decent grip on the bottom so I don't slip off the pedals.... pink overalls are already on order!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    this is in no way intended to be sexist or steryotypical, just a guenuine question/observation.

Then you failed.

Well done. :roll:

FWIW virtually all the girls I know who are into riding are 'girly girls'.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This should be a Crudcatcher thread.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mb london
    mb london Posts: 96
    SupraMel wrote:
    I generally tend to surprise people as I love my hand bags, clothes and heels but if I'm not out shopping for them then I'm on a MTB ride or getting covered in engine oil and brake fluid tinkering with my car :-) Now I just need a handbag with loops to go on the bike and some cute shoes with decent grip on the bottom so I don't slip off the pedals.... pink overalls are already on order!

Are you able to post any photos of you covered in engine oil, or any other oil come to think of it
  • SupraMel
    SupraMel Posts: 53
    haha, no :)
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    j0sh123 wrote:
    Over the past 5 years that I have been riding, I have noticed that the majority of MTBers are male- and those that are female seem to be the butch kinda type
    i think your confusing butch with the ladies that wear the proper kit, which no doubt goes some way to hide there curves, you must be expecting them all to wear lycra and spandex, which they don't, unfortunately :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    njee20 wrote:
    FWIW virtually all the girls I know who are into riding are 'girly girls'.
    Same here.
    Hell, most of the men I know who cycle are girly girls, with their shaven legs and body-hugging underwear and whatnot.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    j0sh123 wrote:
    I have noticed that the majority of MTBers are male...
    Well, yeah - doh :lol:
    j0sh123 wrote:
    ...and those that are female seem to be the butch kinda type
    we're used to massive, sweeping generalisations but that's priceless

While we are not exactly fighting off lycra-clad lovelies with sticks around Cannock there are feminine girls and not-so-feminine girls, just the same as there are powerful manly men (like me) and err...other fellas.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I sometimes see 1 -2 up the DH tracks with there fella's.

they exist, they just hide when hear me sniffing and rightly so :p
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    My missus comes along. She's a bit of an XC whippet but doesn't so much like it when things get steep and rooty.

also - on the Evans organised rides - certainly around London, there seems to be a lot of south african girls....most of which are quite cute!
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    cooldad wrote:
    This should be a Crudcatcher thread.

good god yes almost tempted to go for the ban
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I'm not butch :(
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    :lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • miss notax
    j0sh123 wrote:
    are there actually any lasses out there who love to go out and blast the trails, but are more feminine when off the bike?

I have been chuckling over this.... What are we meant to wear? Stillettos with our baggies? Nail varnish with our winter gloves? Or make up with our full face helmets perhaps?!! :lol::lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• cooldad
    miss notax wrote:
    j0sh123 wrote:
    are there actually any lasses out there who love to go out and blast the trails, but are more feminine when off the bike?

I have been chuckling over this.... What are we meant to wear? Stillettos with our baggies? Nail varnish with our winter gloves? Or make up with our full face helmets perhaps?!! :lol::lol:
    He obviously spends a lot of time on 'glamour' sites, so presumably naked.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • .blitz
    miss notax wrote:
    Stillettos with our baggies? Nail varnish with our winter gloves? Or make up with our full face helmets perhaps?!!

2993d1229236014-body-art-this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My daughter loves going round Cannock, however her more usual 'battle gear' is a micro mini and extended nails, well made up and with done up hair, she also does some modeling (she's 15).

In my club we have 4 regular lady riders, only one would even come within 10% of suiting the description of butch, the rest are pretty normal 20 (or early 30) something (I don't ask) ladies.

Maybe j0sh is only talking about the lady MTBers that will go within a mile of him?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    .blitz wrote:
    miss notax wrote:
    Stillettos with our baggies? Nail varnish with our winter gloves? Or make up with our full face helmets perhaps?!!

2993d1229236014-body-art-this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

maria2.JPG
  • cooldad
    Nice tyres.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    What a ridiculous thread.

But...

538517_298217470258973_227226380691416_722055_2110502277_n.jpg

...sorry couldn't help it :wink:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    I don't think I know any girls who aren't girly girls. Most of the mtb girls I know are pretty fit, but a bit geeky. Round my trails there are plenty of fit girls riding bikes. And at least geeky girls are less likely to be gold diggers.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Maybe you're going to have to widen your potential girlfriend catchment zone beyond the trail centers josh.

To the original question, all the girls I know who go biking are most definitely girly girls, far too much focus on the shiny accessories, and not important things like tools, oil, fork rebound settings, dinosaurs, pirates and fighting, bah! :)
  • I've not seen any butch women on bikes at all.

Maybe one or two with slightly chunkier thighs than some females, but to be honest, I've seen some right hard-on inducing sights, and the sight of them in their lycra, causes one hell of a bulge in mine. :wink:
  • This thread is getting a little saucy, might as well add to it. :mrgreen:

low-rider-sexy-girl-37.jpg
  • .blitz
    this is headed for the crudcatcher :)
  • miss notax
    edited April 2012
    Hmmmmm :roll:

On a slightly more serious note, whilst the butch girlie MTBer thing is twaddle, I do think it takes a certain type of girl to get into MTBing. Road biking is quite sexy with all it's lycra and carbon stuff, whereas MTBing is muddy, dirty, and, sooner or later, bloody and painful :?

I have scars all over my knees and shins from MTBing, along with a nice one on my face where on of the lads tried to gallantly help me over a stream and accidentally pulled me through a tree :roll: Not all girls would accept that as part-and-parcel of the sport!!

• cooldad
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools