Family Bike Insurance

catherineb
catherineb Posts: 9
Hi - we have just bought two new bikes and now have bikes worth around £700 in total in our family - 4 bikes for 4 people, does anyone know of an insurance company which insures for a family of bikes rather than for separate people.

Comments

• bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    im pretty sure cycleguard do a policy where you tell them the total value and then the amount of cycles and list each one.
    www.cycleguard.co.uk
  • It only insures bikes for one person not a family - thanks though
  • leshere
    leshere Posts: 38
    I assume you mean comprehensive British Cycling Insurance covers multiple bikes...cheaper if you have membership. All policies that I have seem are hedged with conditions most need at Bronze or above lock attaching at the least to an immovable object: in fact if they are stolen you will probably not be meeting the terms of the policy. So I insure our bikes, some of which are 'attractive' (Boardman and Cannondale Six13) for third party only. I would urge third party it is very easy for a child to clip a (hopefully stationary) car and cause several 100 pounds worth of damage.
  • andy-64
    andy-64 Posts: 51
    There's loads out there if you search the internet, if its just for theft you house insurance will cover them
  • catherineb
    catherineb Posts: 9
    I'm still hunting for a policy which covers the bikes in a household compared to the British Cycling one which insures multiple bikes owned by a single person - thanks for your comments