Tuesday Morning Madness...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning beeatches!

Got woken today about 10mins before my alarm went off (Why-I-Oughta!) as a steam roller rolled past. Fecking idiots.
No real plans today. Yesterday had a eureka moment, which meant I wasn't that busy after midday. I'm hoping to be not too busy today too, I'm going through a real stage of cba at work, I think a new career is on the horizon.

Anywho's,

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Back down to Camdens tomorrow, got to sort a few things out today, try and get some placements organised for the summer and probably do some revision. Had a great ride in the peaks yesterday, 23 miles in the end, however this means the bike should probably get cleaned too, contemplating leaving it until I get back from uni, it's only 8 weeks...

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' dangleberry pickers,

Great start to the day as I shoulder-planted the floor on the ride into work trying to avoid some unaware pedestrian. Landed on the shoulder I shattered last year. More annoyingly, the off-side front paw throbs like a m**********r. This isn't overly an issue as I'm on a course today, but I'm struggling to grip my mug and it's, like, coffee time. Gonna have to fly this one left-handed! :lol:

In other news - out tonight to continue watching s1 of Game of Thrones - which I am enjoying somewhat. And I made tonights dinner last night, so that's something else to look forward to when I get let out.

Anyhoo, as said, it's that time o'day, so....

Onwards! To caffiene! ....a little more slowly than usual......
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    'ning methane vessels,

not feeling this week, the MD is floating round the office most this week so with you on cba front
    talkin absolute garbage while we smile & nod, tryin not to bury him but hopefully won't appear till after lunch
    more revision in place of work.. may even sit with the code monkeys as they aren't stupid enough to rattle my cage

on the other hand the puddles in my shimanos hav dried an its time for coffee #2 & a dry commute :|

be good
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all,

I've just finished my first job of the day so I think it's bacon time now :-) I'm a bit tired though cos for the last 2 nights my son has thought that getting up at 2am and playing for an hour is a great idea!!!! So I'm currently drinking a can of monster to give me a kick start.

I was supposed to be doing an evening of DH tonight but my full susser is fecked so that's out the window...

Ah well, last day in work tomorrow for 2 weeks :-)

Laters
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

Cold cycle in which was slow as I knew I have organised a day of doing reviews!
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Morning all

Definately with you guys on the cba front, I've already found myself on mental wind down for my 8 weeks off.

Today I am going to get some work done, although I have forgotten to bring in head phones, grr, what a minute, boom back up set of headphones in the draw! Sweet
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Kaise wrote:
    Morning all

definitely with you guys on the cba front, I've already found myself on mental wind down for my 8 weeks off.

Today I am going to get some work done, although I have forgotten to bring in head phones, grr, what a minute, boom back up set of headphones in the draw! Sweet

Everything coming up Kaise, once more! 'bout bloody time, too.

When is the big day?

.....not that we're looking forward to seeing the back of you for a couple of months, you understand! :wink:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Morning Mongs,

Likewise, really can't be ar$ed doing much today. I want warmth and sunshine - may have to start looking at holidays? Got to do some more stuff on schools for my kids secondary school application, then a night in front of the box beckons watching Chelsea v Barcelona. Would try to get out on the bike but it just looks to crap to bother right now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    morning bumgays

Today is meh. Mental minion is back and sat at his desk like a potato counter. HR have said that as he's 'ill' there's fark all I can do about it.

Need to book in for a 4 day course either in York, Swindon or Derby. Might go for York and get a few rides in at Dalby.

Other than that too much work.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • thekickingmule
    If you're going to York, go to Stainburn (near Ilkley way), it's much more fun!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    If you're going to York, go to Stainburn (near Ilkley way), it's much more fun!

Cheers, will do!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Super organised last night and got pretty much an entire week's worth of chores sorted in one night. Got up this morning and set the slow cooker running with a nice bolognese for post gym eatings. No idea where I'm getting all this energy from...

I was going to buy a new saddle for the Stumpinator today, but bought 2 tickets to see Faith No More in July at Hammersmith Apollo instead. I'm ok with this.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • bwfc4eva868
    bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Morning gimps. Still slobbing in bed waiting for the missus finish int bathroom. Im assuming there is some pork product in the fridge. No bike today,off to speak to bank for a mortgage been quoted a massive £54,000 online so see what the banks offering.
    Looking at some nice two bed apartments in a quiet area but there £76,000 or 450 a month to rent.

Back home and watch Chelsea and listen to Bolton get beat by Villa.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Plenty of work to do today, but in the back of my mind is the 5 hour riding pass I've obtained for Saturday afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Good Moaning all

Again on the CBA front, just heard this morning that our company is likley to be bough by Vodaphone, shouldnt mean any changes in our department but cant help but worry.

Payday tomorrow so this is all good, having to buy a new car-seat for the little one so thats put my buying a bike shed on hold for another month, so another month before i can bring the bikes back home.. ah well!

Onwards to shortbread and coffee #2 of the day
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Work again today, followed by something, dunno what yet, Mrs g is starting on slimming world today which means my food will be down to feck all. Actually might go and rock climb if I can find someone to hold the other end of my rope.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Just booked tickets for Red Bulls Empire of Dirt, should be a good watching them doing tricks on those little BMX things :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon meat bags

Was planning on a ride tonight, but motivation is low while it keeps blowing a gale. hate trying to jump and all in the wind.... other wise, I have to be arsed this month which is a chore :(
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Afternoon meat bags

Was planning on a ride tonight, but motivation is low while it keeps blowing a gale. hate trying to jump and all in the wind.... other wise, I have to be arsed this month which is a chore :(

Went out yesterday in the howling gale, rain, sleet and hail....wasn't much fun. In fact, if it wasn't for the fact that most day's I've got nothing better to do I think it would have put me off riding for life. Maybe i'll take up walking instead, that seems popular these days.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • thekickingmule
    I'm hoping to be not too busy today too, I'm going through a real stage of cba at work, I think a new career is on the horizon.
    Great. A lesser minion that is meant to be working the closing shift (7-10pm) can't work today, so I have to cover it :evil: I'm going to spend that shift looking at other jobs.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro