My Turner 5 Spot

Hadge
Hadge Posts: 44
edited April 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Meet "Turnip" my Turner 5 Spot DW Link bike. The frame is a 2010 model and was my choice over an Ibis Mojo SL and Intense Tracer 2. I've had 2 HL 5 Spot's before and just love the ride of Turners and safe in the knowledge of their legendary service too :D
263zd6t.jpg
k1clj9.jpg
zmk3mq.jpg
35nd8o9.jpg
n56at.jpg

The full spec is as follows -

Turner 5 Spot DW Link medium frame
FOX Float 140mm 32 FIT RLC Kashima forks with 15mm axle
Chris King headset
Thomson 4X 70mm stem
Easton EA70 Mid-rise bars
Ritchey WCS grips
XTR M970 cranks
Chris King BB
XTR M985 Trail SPD's
Goldtec 32T chainring
MRP Lopes Chain device
SRAM XX World Cup brakes front & rear with 185mm rotors
SRAM X.0 10 speed rear mech and shifter
Shimano XT 11-36 10 speed cassette
Chris King ISO hubs front & rear on Stans ZTR Crest rims
Shimano XTR M970 rear skewer
Thomson Elite seatpost
Fizik Gobi Kirum saddle
Schwable Nobby Nic 2.25 EVO tyres running Stans No Tubess system

It comes in at a smidge over 26lb which I could easily knock down with carbon bars, XTR cassette and lighter seatpost and pedals but it rides superb as it is and that's more than I can ask for. I know there's been a lot said about the head angle of the 5 Spots but I've found it no problem at all but I might try some Burgtec Off-Set bushes and have a play with them and see how it feels then. I love the 1x10 system which is also on my hardtail as well which I'll show once it's been assembled :D

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    :shock: lovely bike! Sweet spec!
  • Hadge
    Cheers dude. I still like the bare rear stays on Turners so maybe when it's a little tired and worn I'll have it painted a different colour and have the stays polished.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Yup, beautiful bike that. Like it very much. And a crackin build.
  • foy
    foy Posts: 296
    That is a work of art my friend and far too nice to get muddy lol. How much would it cost to build that then? Wont have much change out of £5000 i would imagine.
  • Hadge
    I'm lucky I guess in that I sort of work in the trade but I shopped round for some items and pulled in a few favours from others. I certainly wouldn't like to think how much it would cost to replace. Oh it deserves to get muddy and certainly does as it rides really good. Thanks for the comments as well.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    surprised its not lighter with a normal post tbh, how heavy is the bare frame? Just wondering as my Mojo HD weighs just under 26lbs with a reverb and similar spec
  • mac245
    mac245 Posts: 48
    Stunning looking bike with a cracking spec. Green with envy! ;)