How cheap?? Im robbing you surely?!

Shaggy4934
Shaggy4934 Posts: 12
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Ive been trawling the internet for bikes and narrowed my search down to Canyon and Cube. Anyway, this isnt my point. This is :

Ive found this website that is selling 2011 bikes from Cube, Cannondale, Lapierre, Giant - you name it, they have a 2011 bike. And the reason I'm curious?? They are selling them for nearly £1000 LESS than any UK retailer!!

The site is : http://www.sale-bikes.com/categories/MOUNTAIN/

For example, a Cube Hanzz SL 2011 - £1349
Trek Fuel EX 9.9 2011 - £792
Cannondale RZ One20 2 2011 - £611

These are just a few of the ones they have and ridiculously cheap prices! I know they will charge shipping (from Indonesia) but this is crazy and TOO good to be true, right??

Has ANYONE bought a bike from this site? Do you think its too good to be true?? Or are we talking dodgy indonesian scams?? Please tell me it cant be true!

Comments

• swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    Personally, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. And don't call me Shirley.
  • If you have to ask...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    If something is too good to be true then it is.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Save yourself the heartache - just send me your money. I'll spend it wisely.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • jfry94
    jfry94 Posts: 392
    obvious scam there selling a 2011 spesh epic comp carbon for 712 quid a third of this years one. plus one for the if you have to ask
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    2013 Cannondale Jekyll 3
    2007 Carrera Kraken
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Not a chance. Looks even worse than the evans copycat one the other day..
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    type there address into the dealer finder on the spesh website,what do you get,"sorry we couldn't find that address" if spesh don't know about them, bogus bogus bogus :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    swelsbyuk wrote:
    Personally, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. And don't call me Shirley.

:lol::lol: classic

And to the OP - deffo stay well away mate and as a side note if anyone phones you claiming to be your bank and asks for your password don't give it to them either :wink:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My name is Dr Winston Umbogo and I am director of the state bank of Nigeria, I know I can trust you my friend and I have $22 Million to remove from Nigeria, for the lending of your bank account to help me move this money I will give you $1 Million.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    Just get the Canyon, they are legit, cheap and great bikes.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    I'm writing a cheque now...just tell me where to send it Dr Umbogo. I'll put my card number on the back of the cheque with expiry date and that pesky 3 digit security code they always ask for...
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • giblets
    giblets Posts: 37
    Close enough, the contact address:
    Address:
    Jl. Dr Semeru No 13
    Bogor - Jawa Barat
    Indonesia
    Giant Trance X4 (2010)
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Can't believe you even had to ask the question.. :shock:
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    I'm writing a cheque now...just tell me where to send it Dr Umbogo. I'll put my card number on the back of the cheque with expiry date and that pesky 3 digit security code they always ask for...

In Nigeria, you need to provide your 4 digit pin and mothers maiden name as well as the above info...
  • My name is Dr Winston Umbogo and I am director of the state bank of Nigeria, I know I can trust you my friend and I have $22 Million to remove from Nigeria, for the lending of your bank account to help me move this money I will give you $1 Million.

Love it! I thought they were dodgy, just had to make sure!!

Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 ordered (from the real site)
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    dont trek not authorise their dealers to sell via mail order/internet,, ie you can only buy them from the shop or at least pick them up from the shop.....
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Everything on this site is so obviously fake....right down to the 'sexy girl in high heels' logo. Definitely a lady boy :wink:
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    No, its legit - I got a picture of the company director.... just to make sure he was a real person we asked him to pose with some simple everyday items just to prove he was genuine....

kothapalli_rao.jpg
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer