Midlands Women's TT Series 2012

BeaconRuth
BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
edited April 2012 in Amateur race
To: Women who enjoy cycling!

Have you ever thought you would like to try a time trial but you're afraid you might not be fast enough and would have to go up against lots of very fast men with expensive, shiny, ultra-aero bikes?

The Midlands Women’s TT Series is for you!

We have seven local and welcoming events spread across the season where you can be guaranteed to meet up with other women who enjoy time trialling. You can expect anything from a dozen to fifty other women at the Series events, some experienced and fast but others are complete beginners having their first go at the sport. It doesn’t matter how fast you ride or how posh your bike is, everyone can enjoy time trialling and in our Series there is a best improvement competition as well as one for the fastest and for the veterans.

The first event is the fabulous Coventry CC “Diana Cooke Memorial 10” on 5th May but entries are needed for this one in advance, so see the national Cycling Time Trials website here for an entry form and entry details. The closing date is 24th April.

Full details of the Midlands Women’s TT Series 2012 can be found here.

Hope to meet you at an event soon,
Ruth Eyles

Comments

• I can endorse the Women's Series, having entered every year since 2007.

My first time trial was slowish, but not so slow as to discourage me. I would have to warn that it is addictive, though.

I think everyone's first thought on finishing a time trial is "thank goodness it's over". The second thought is "I could have gone faster...when can I do another one?".

The club organisers and helpers are without exception helpful, friendly and encouraging. You often get cake afterwards. What's not to like?