2009 Trek madone 4.5

robmurr2000
robmurr2000 Posts: 166
edited April 2012 in Your road bikes
Pics been up on here before but have added some upgrades since . Swissstop brake pads,new bar tape,hoods and tyres.

CIMG6311.jpg
CIMG6315.jpg
CIMG6314.jpg

CIMG6313.jpg
CIMG6312.jpg

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Tidy bike... but bejaysus it's so clean!!
  • It wasn't this time yesterday,mud was everywhere! Cleaned it up for when we eventually get better weather!
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    I reaaly like the white pedals.. nice touch, they just integrate so well. Nice bike. :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Stunning looking bike, much prefer the older Treks to this years models :D
    Cube Agree GTC Race 2011
    Trek 6300 hardtail 2009
  • thanks for the comments...yeah,this years models don't appeal so much to me.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Beautiful paint scheme, but what's with the cables coming out of the side of the 105 shifters? I thought the cables were supposed to run under the grips on 105?
  • nah,that's ultegra I think (I may be wrong). That's how they were when I bought the bike brand new,really fancy getting the shifters that have the internal routing of the cables.
  • tx14
    tx14 Posts: 244
    Beautiful paint scheme, but what's with the cables coming out of the side of the 105 shifters? I thought the cables were supposed to run under the grips on 105?
    that's only on the newer 7900/6700/5700.
  • love the Fizik saddle, do you know if you can you still get them in that colour with the blue strip ?
    Cube Agree GTC Race 2011
    Trek 6300 hardtail 2009
  • Zingzang
    Zingzang Posts: 196
    Really nice bike, but your bars and saddle are almost at the same height, which is not a great recipe for aerodynamics and hence speed.
  • Thanks.Yeah,going to eventually drop the bars as low as they can go,see how it feels and get used to the riding position. Regarding the fizik saddle I don't know,I got it from planet x last year,maybe you can check if they still have some.
  • robmurr2000
    robmurr2000 Posts: 166
    New wheels and tyres....and the conservatory is ongoing. :lol:

scaled.php?server=515&filename=img00034201204211342.jpg&res=landing
  • Fatini999
    Fatini999 Posts: 66
    The old frames (your one) look so much nicer than the modern frames I think... lush bike!
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    Thats a really nice looking bike, classy looking colour scheme.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,606
    It's terrible. I should (and do) really not like treks - purely because of their assocaition of a rider I love to hate.

That one does look very good, especially with the blue & white, and I've read/heard they ride veery nicely.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    There is one of those for sale in a 56 (I think) BNOS, for sale in Bike Zone in the centre of Oxford, 1400 queens I believe it is. Very very nice looking bike.

I was going to ride it but I went for another one instead.
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Really like it, but then I love the Treks from a year or two ago. Love it how the blu and grey Garmin 500 fits in with the colour scheme! Enjoy. Mark
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!