Tyneside Vagabonds - Majorca 2012 Video - Day One

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Hi

May or may not be of any interest, great place for early season cycling is Majorca. I'll post a series of these, might be of general interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABO88es4Lc

Cheers,

Q

Comments

• beinbhan
    beinbhan Posts: 52
    Recognised a lot of those roads from last year only another month before I'm out there again I can't wait fed up of rain everyday
  • Porkyboy
    beinbhan wrote:
    Recognised a lot of those roads from last year only another month before I'm out there again I can't wait fed up of rain everyday

Yes, seriously grim here too, pouring down again today. Have a great trip!

Q
  • nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    Nice little vid Porky.
    I was on they roads just 3 weeks ago,
    Loved it.
    Finished
  • Porkyboy
    Thanks Nax-ian, still getting to grips with things but I hope I'm getting there, slowly!

Q
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    cor - lovely - did yo all get the same bikes from the bike hire company?

really well edited, well done.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Porkyboy
    cor - lovely - did yo all get the same bikes from the bike hire company?really well edited, well done.

Thanks Cleat

The guy with the Kyklos with the electronic shifting had taken his own bike but the rest were hired, very convenient it was too. Nobody had any significant problems with the bikes, certainly no more than would have been experienced on our own machines. Saved a load of hassle and I'd probably hire again, cost no more than taking our own and avoided the very real risk of damage.

Thanks again for the kind words, lots more to come for anyone who's interested!

Q
  • nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    Porky, who did you hire from? Sounds like you had a better experience than me!!
    More vids please
    Finished
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    More vids needed. I have to be honest though,the eye render doesn't do anything for the video.
  • Porkyboy
    Nax-ian wrote:
    Porky, who did you hire from? Sounds like you had a better experience than me!!
    More vids please

Nax-ian, hope this helps, from my web albums: http://bit.ly/IcRXY1

Q
  • Porkyboy
    More vids needed. I have to be honest though,the eye render doesn't do anything for the video.

Fear not, there will be more. As for the vignette it's all down to personal preference and the comments relating to the editing so far have been +ve so I'll probably stick with the current approach for this series, I hope it won't detract too much from your enjoyment.

Q
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Nice video and i recognise a few of the faces too. Gosforth RC head out in a couple of weeks and watching that is making me really envious as I can't make it this year. I will just have to make do with the wind, rain and crappy road surfaces around the lanes of northumberland.
  • Porkyboy
    brucey72 wrote:
    Nice video and i recognise a few of the faces too. Gosforth RC head out in a couple of weeks and watching that is making me really envious as I can't make it this year. I will just have to make do with the wind, rain and crappy road surfaces around the lanes of northumberland.

Brucey72

The riding around here coupled with the present weather is just grim and to be honest I'm struggling to be bothered with it at the moment. I just don't see the point in getting cold, wet and miserable just so that I can be fit enough to go and get cold wet and miserable again the following week :roll:

Q