The Freak Friday Feature Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Damn, 04h50 and I'm awake.
Today is a day of manic madness,it's my last 14 days in Blighty before I venture off to France for a few months!
So, today will comprise of a trip to the local recycle centre with a double bed mattress and other assorted crap in the back of the car, then to the local pawn shop to flog off other unwanted material assets
This afternoon, off to Bristol where I shall be spending the weekend.

So, what's your excuses for waking up this morning?

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    -_- joy of joys, doing the 730 start. might sneak down the pub at lunchtime.

nowt planned for this evening unless someone cancels their other plans
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Morning..

My excuse is that im still awake from last night.. not doing anything fun but sat at work instead :?

Good luck with the tipping and France!

Cant wait for my shift to be over at 7am.. so whilst im in bed for the day remember
    430693_344158032293100_140811055961133_924233_1421011504_n.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!
    TFI Friday! Really can't be orificed this week. I have a meeting today about what people actually want and where they want it, so that I don't get complaints in the next 12 months. I'm going to get it in writing that it's not me that decides these things.
    Later, I'm meeting a friend to find something out... not sure what yet though :?

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Raymond, Make one trip, not two, just take your crap with you to france and dump it there, no one likes the french anyway!

Today will be split between the highlights of Canary Wharf, followed by a long meeting with my new manager.

It turns out there is hot Nurses in the NHS, most of them seem to be working in my dads ward, this does take the pain away somewhat while there.

Not sure what plans for the weekend yet as wifey wants to go out for our wedding aniversary (which was tuesday) and i dont excatly feel like going "out" and i doubt i'll get a ride just incase anything happens.
    I was meant to be going away this weekend to waleslandshire, so all my riding buddies are going to be away anyway.
    crunchie.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' child-snatchers

Friday. Bacons. 'nuff said.

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning ladies

breakfast fail this morning, as current wife hadn't got bacon or milk in......... so some fruit and a pack of wasabi peanuts it was .

Today is meeting, pub
  • Morning

Today involves lie in followed by new car collection followed by house hunting down south.
    This is a pleasing start to any weekend :)
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Morning Fisters & Felchers,

Off to get the car wing mirror fixed at the garage this morning after some tw@t clipped it last week :evil: Then up into town for lunch with the people I used to work with in my last job - might be some well paid consulting on the horizon later this year as two out of five of the department are off on maternity leave in a few months. No wonder they're still being nice to me...

Then I'm going to pray that it stops ferkin raining, it's really screwing up my bike plans as my local venue will be a swamp again.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Up at 6am because I'd been lazy all week and not cleaned the bike down, so that's sorted. Workyawn today, hoping to leave early, pack bags, drive to Preston, spend weekend with TFN. Done.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Might do some revision, hopefully my other brake will turn up too, if it does I'll venture outside and fit them, and also clean the bike a bit maybe. For now I think I'd better start by getting up and getting dressed, probably with a shower mixed in there too.

Laters
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    matthew h wrote:
    current wife hadn't got bacon

Time to trade her in for a new model...

M'ning,

TFIF - 8hrs to go and I'm free. Curry tonight. Riding with a mate from work tomorrow. Hope the Weathers isnt to ghay! :shock:
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    It turns out there is hot Nurses in the NHS, most of them seem to be working in my dads ward, this does take the pain away somewhat while there.

This is so true, I think they must save all the fit ones for the older men just to wind them up. Hope yours is ok, mine 'died' again two weeks ago but it happens so often now I'm sort of getting used to it.

Anyway spazwanglers,

Today's friday, bike's in the car ready to spend 2 hours trawling through the gloop of the Rendlesham MX tracks, asa Bossman is away I'm going to try and find all 25+ miles of them, as so far this week I've already worked 57 hours and it's only 9am.

I will be ordering some more bits today, have decided against the whippet frame due to bad feedback on how long press fit BB92s last. Might go for a Scandal, as I could swap this quite easily for the Inbred, shed 800g in frame weight and the wife would never know.

The weekend is going to be spent doing DIY stuff, cycling, eating and generally being a lazy King Cnut.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Morning,

Dog walk - done
    Bacon - in grill
    Toast - in toaster
    Coffee - second mug being consumed
    Sun - shining

Might even fit in a ride this lunch time.

Hope the weekend continues in this fashion.

TTFN
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Friday's menu is thus:

Work a bit
    McDonalds brekky in a mo
    Work some more
    Then home where the Mrs has decided I simply must hoover and mop the kitchen floor.

Yay

although there is a curry for tea in there too.
  • angry_bird
    Just got back from the vets, managed to pick up an infection in my hand and arm while I was lambing :roll: :lol:

Should sort itself out thankfully.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Sick. What dirtywhore sheep have you been hanging out of?

Day off today, moving house on Sunday so should probably start packing. Glad I got a cheeky ride in after work yesterday with sunshine at 7pm as the weather today is truly gopping.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Just got back from the vets, managed to pick up an infection in my obvious while I was lambing :roll: :lol:

Needs high strength anti biotics to treat this one.

FTFY.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Just got back from the vets, managed to pick up an infection in my obvious while I was lambing :roll: :lol:

FTFY.

:lol: Well played
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

FTFY.

:lol: Well played

Is it the one where you hallucinate ? I remember reading James Herriot had that one, I never got an infection I always wore a glove whilst loving, I mean lambing, the sheep!
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Up early to MOT a car then off to test ride a new motorbike. Perhaps some turbo training this evening.
  • angry_bird
    Is it the one where you hallucinate ? I remember reading James Herriot had that one, I never got an infection I always wore a glove whilst loving, I mean lambing, the sheep!

Gloves is for wimps. As is lube by the way. I just go straight in and take it from there.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning Losers, well today has been good so far had a free sausage and egg mcmuffin and now for a bit of housework before shopping for my holiday.

How's everyone?
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Alllreeeeet like, how's it goin? *in your finest Manc drawl*

Working till 12.30 as always, people who work Friday afternoons are losers and that's a fact!!

off to forest of dean later to get some dh practice in, weather looks changeable, should be fun!

Thailand visa came back this morning, not sure I've mentioned it bute and missk are going to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for a 7 week honeymoon, it's going to feckin rock!
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Just got back from the vets, managed to pick up an infection in my hand and arm while I was lambing :roll: :lol:

You needed a vet to tell you that? Wouldn't a Dr be more appropriate? :?
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning crudwanglers.

Today will be spent in work not doing much, working until 9pm then home to sleep as i'm working 8am - 10pm tomorrow. May get out on the bike on Sunday or may finish off building my mates bike for him.

Enjoy your Friday all............... :D
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • angry_bird
    jndb72 wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:

You needed a vet to tell you that? Wouldn't a Dr be more appropriate? :?

I knew I'd got something in it just needed to know what so:

1) vet is a minute away at the top of the road and will see me without making an appointment
    2) the vet knows as much and knows more about what specifically I can pick up from sheep.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Gloves is for wimps. As is lube by the way. I just go straight in and take it from there.

bite-the-pillow.jpg
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    afternoon all,

i've had a busy day today with more to come :shock:

spent 3 hours playing on the DH track at cwmcarn last night with a few mates, had a blast :D

i'm going to ride FoD on the way home tonight aswell and then when i get home drink that big bottle of tsingtao i bought the other day 8)

later bumders and bumettes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    welshkev wrote:
    spent 3 hours playing on the DH track at cwmcarn last night with a few mates, had a blast :D

i'm going to ride FoD on the way home tonight aswell and then when i get home drink that big bottle of tsingtao i bought the other day 8)
    Jammy tw@t :) Were you going up to the top of CC or just pushing up part of the way?

BTW: what are the conditions like at FoD just now.?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Jammy tw@t :) Were you going up to the top of CC or just pushing up part of the way?

BTW: what are the conditions like at FoD just now.?

we were riding pushing up to the road drop or just below by the second bridge (from the bottom) then just hammering it back down, i've never been great at jumps so i was getting some lessons from a mate.

FoD was really muddy in some places today, trail is still holding up OKish but there's some erosion and lots of mud :lol: