Undressing

xscreamsuk
xscreamsuk Posts: 318
edited April 2012 in Pro race
Watching Fleche Wallone today and seems they all started with leg warmers on, yet no one finished with them on yet I didn't see any one take them off. Do they do this at a feed stop or on the move?

Comments

• phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    On the move
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • xscreamsuk
    xscreamsuk Posts: 318
    that would be me off the bike for certain! Trying to master the art of gilet removal at moment.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,237
    xscreamsuk wrote:
    that would be me off the bike for certain! Trying to master the art of gilet removal at moment.

It's not your job though, and you're rarely racing for 4-6hrs at a time!!
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    My leg warmers (Santini) have foot loops which necessitate shoe removal. I guess I'll never be a pro.
  • My leg warmers (Santini) have foot loops which necessitate shoe removal. I guess I'll never be a pro.

Here's Hushovd changing his shoes. :D

IMG_01161.png

IMG_0117.png
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132

Here's Hushovd changing his shoes. :D

IMG_0117.png

Had Thor heard that FF was critical of his previous choice of footwear?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    I think it was Hushovd who during a race last year the cameras focussed on while he was taking his leg warmers off. Seems he was one leg pedalling, while a team mate helped push him and he removed the leg warmer from the other leg. Once complete removing them from one leg he set about the same task with his other leg.

I'm not sure his trusty domestiques get a push while they remove their's though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,237
    LangerDan wrote:

Had Thor heard that FF was critical of his previous choice of footwear?

:lol:

Where's that thread I asked for FF?
  • gazrichards
    gazrichards Posts: 524
    edited April 2012
    Even leg warmers with foot loops can be removed without taking off your shoes.
    Just pull the footloop up your heel to the ankle and then over your shoe. Just as easy as those without loops.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Even leg warmers with foot loops can be removed with taking off your shoes.
    Just pull the footloop up your heel to the ankle and then over your shoe. Just as easy as those without loops.

Good point. I was visualising more of a Mr Bean underwear type situation.