Kaise's Specialized Demo 8!!

Kaise
Kaise Posts: 2,498
edited May 2012 in Your mountain bikes
My new steed, a very good condition 2010 Red/Black Specialized Demo 8 II with Sam Hill decals.

6939313814_8ba3bc5f70.jpg
6939317250_a39c4414ae.jpg
6939319974_4a3812f32e.jpg
6939321300_3330f45d92.jpg
7085384801_a2f90dd2b6.jpg
6939310108_20d2c4e59f.jpg

Frame: Specialized Demo 8 II 2010
Forks: Rock Shocks Boxxer Race 2010
Shock: Fox DHX RC4
Bars: Blackspire
Stem: Chromag Direct Mount
Headset:
Grips: Lizard Skin

Front Brake Lever assy: Hope Tech
Front Caliper: Hope Tech M4
Front disc: 203 Hope Floating
Rear Brake Lever assy: Hope Tech
Rear Caliper: Hope Tech M4
Rear Disc: 183(?) Hope Floating
Hoses: Braided

Shifter: SRAM X9 9 speed
Cable: Jagwire
Rear Mech: SRAM X7 9 speed
Chain Device: e13

Seat: DMR
Seat Post: BBB

Cranks: RaceFace Ride DH
Chainring: 36t
Chain: SRAM 951
Cassette: 11-26
Pedals: Shimano DX
Bottom Bracket: Hope (Stainless Steel Bearings)

Front Wheel: Hope Hoop
Rim: Mavic
Spokes:
Hub: Hope Pro 2 Evo 20mm Bolt Through
Tire: Maxxis Minion 2.7 Super Tacky

Back Wheel: Hope Hoop
Rim: Mavic
Spokes:
Hub: Hope Pro 2 9mm QR
Tire: Scwalbe Muddy Mary 2.5

Weight: Heavy

Other info:

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    8)

Better get some uplifts booked !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Kaise
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    8)

Better get some uplifts booked !

booked on the 12th and 26th may at mountain ash, just trying to sort out the next CC or FoD visit
  • Stevo_666
    Never heard of Mountain Ash before - where's that/got a link?

Hoping to get another CC in this month and another one next month :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    That looks like it can take some beasting!
    Glad you got something so quick.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Nice, great colour scheme too ;)
  • Very nice.

I'll be round to rob it in a few days.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Very jealous. Looks such a nice bike.
  • Wicked bike and also liking your Nano Tank :D What have you got in there, small fish or some shrimp?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Don't leave it in your car at Cwm Carn.. otherwise 5 minutes later it will be in mine :p
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Very nice, what did you pay for that if I may ask?
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Kaise
    The Nano Tank has a Betta Splendus aka Veitnamese Fighting Fish aka Dangerous Dave!

The bike cost me 1700 and it's in absolutely mint condition, covered top to bottom in Heli Tape by the previous owner!
  • 1mancity2
    Bargain!

What size rotors are on it?
  • Kaise
    Think they are 183's, I haven't got round to checking them though so don't quite me on it!

Cheers for all the feed back on it, there are. Few things that I want to change over a fairly long period
    -handle bars - not keen on the gold
    -new boxxer decals
    -new stem
    Other than that I'm not changing anything else
  • Kaise wrote:
    Think they are 183's, I haven't got round to checking them though so don't quite me on it!

Cheers for all the feed back on it, there are. Few things that I want to change over a fairly long period
    -big fkoff lock
    -electrified
    -and guarded by rabid honey badgers
    - all suspended over the tank in the background which contains ninja sharks, with mini-guns mounted to their heads

ftfy
  • You might want to rethink sharks with mini guns

Lasers would be better
  • You might want to rethink sharks with mini guns

Lasers would be better

sharks-with-lasers-2.jpg
  • 1mancity2
    Kaise wrote:

-new boxxer decals
    -new stem

Renthal fatbar and stem combo?

Maybe stick a 203mm rotor on the front?
  • Thewaylander
    Kaise wrote:

-new boxxer decals
    -new stem

And remove all the hope crap bar the BB which is an item from hope i haven't experienced issues with :p. you can E-bay the hope bits and save a fortune :P
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Kaise wrote:

-new boxxer decals
    -new stem

And remove all the hope crap bar the BB which is an item from hope i haven't experienced issues with :p. you can E-bay the hope bits and save a fortune :P

Really? Whilst not necessarily what you'd choose when speccing a bike, Hope hubs are quite good and the brakes (although quite heavy, but this isnt a problem on a dh bike) are also half decent.

btw those arent evo m4s
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Common! Mountain Ash? What's this?
    Nice bike for mucking about on btw ;)
  • 1mancity2
    leaflite wrote:
    Kaise wrote:

-new boxxer decals
    -new stem

Really? Whilst not necessarily what you'd choose when speccing a bike, Hope hubs are quite good and the brakes (although quite heavy, but this isnt a problem on a dh bike) are also half decent.

btw those arent evo m4s

Quite right they are the earlier M4, I have them and they are good but like you say a tad heavy.
  • Kaise
    Post amended with correct brake type, I knew they weren't evo's as well must have been having a retard moment when it posted it.

I must admit I like Hope parts, well made and you can get any part as a spare if required. With regards to the hubs I have never had a problem with any hubs I've owned but hope pro II and the pro II Evo hubs do seem to run smoothly for a long time.

Weight penalty aside I'm very very very happy with the bike, rode at the local woods where lads have been building jumps and road gaps, the clay soil was like ice but the Muddy Mary and Minion gripped through. It handles very differently than any bike I have ridden before so it will take some getting used to.

Noticed a few things
    - fork isnt going through its full travel, only just getting the R of boxxer, think this might be down to either an x firm coil and I need a firm or there is too much/wrong weight oil in the stanchions.
    - Rear shock is running a 2.8 x 500lb coil, from using the mojo and TF tuned calcs at riding weight I need a 650lb coil.

Both of these things will be addressed next weekend as I'm taking the bike in to TF to get it set properly (maybe push tuned)

Steve and Bluechair - mountain ash linkS
    12th May
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... ---Mtn-Ash

26th May
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events ... ---Mtn-Ash
  • 1mancity2
    Im seriously cosidering selling the Reign!
  • bluechair84
    1mancity2 wrote:

That's a bit sudden isn't it? Has the laquer even cured yet :wink: Videos will have to wait for me to get away from the restriced network...
  • Kaise
    No videos in the link, those are entry links to uplift sessions
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 wrote:

That's a bit sudden isn't it? Has the laquer even cured yet :wink: Videos will have to wait for me to get away from the restriced network...

I need a DH bike!!!
  • bluechair84
    I'm sure it won't be long before the Torque isn't enough to fill my own perceived need :)
  • Thewaylander
    Fair enough, Seen lots of hope hubs shreeded, often the spoke flange snapping.

On my house mate bikes 3 times in the 2 years he had the bike. and as for the brakes the horror stories i get from some DH mates about squeel and fidly set up and so on, i just don't think there worth the hastle. But i guess its everyones own experience.

Still i want it though :P
  • bluechair84
    No wonder I've not heard of it... It's in the middle of the South Atlantic ocean! No wait, on further digging it's in South Wales. Which, for anyone East of the Midlands may as well be the middle of the South Atlantic...
  • Stevo_666
    Kaise wrote:
    Cheers Kaise,

Looks like its a black run only based on this so I may need a bit more practice...