Happy Half Day Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
Morning all!
I get to go to work for only an hour and a half today, until I leave and go to a exhibition. All about sound and light equipment. Might go to a seminar, get the free lunch, then straight to the pub :D

Recently I've been getting into Bonsai trees again, so I'm hoping to buy a couple today, which should be fun.

Anywho, tea and frosties!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning peeps,
    Need a good night sleep and a night off from thinking. Not going to go to the hospital tonight, so hopefully i'll see my kids and maybe fix my bike thats been broken for over a week now.
    Not much in the diary today, so maybe some rest, and maybe a trip to the hospital?

On the upside of retaining my job, at some point my hours will reduce by 15hrs a week! and the money will stay the same! so may be able to get some more riding time in!

Anywhoo onwards to coffees and a generic breakfast
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    VW - good news on the job - you needed some

Morning

Today is hopefully get warm after a cold & wet ride in
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Some good news there VWS, hopefully the next bit will be about your old man.

Morning Dingleberries,

Got to go shopping for a new kitchen tap as the old one is farked and is dripping like an excited Essex girl. Hoping for a break in the weather so I can get a ride in - it's been 5 days since I was last on a bike and i'm going a bit cold turkey :x . Then it's a night on front of the box watching Chelsea v Barcelona.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

VW good to hear somethings going your way at the moment. So today I was supposed to be going riding with a mate, but he's being useless and not replying (this is probably because it's raining), as I'm lacking a car to drive anywhere (I was hoping we'd hit the peaks) I may take the road bike out for a spin later, or just go hit some local XC stuff. Aside from that the majority of the day will probably be revisions now and save the riding time for later in the week.

Laters
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

good day today already, not doing much for the rest of the day. that's about it :lol:

KAISE: do you work at airbus in bristol? i saw a guy on a bike exactly the same as your new spesh on the side of the road by the security hut just now, i thought you may have taken it for a spin to see how it rides this morning :D
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Cheers chaps, i didnt think i was stressing about work, but once i found out its amazing how much more relaxed i felt.
    So just been getting on with some filing from my two weeks off, listening to some music, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Cheers chaps, i didnt think i was stressing about work, but once i found out its amazing how much more relaxed i felt.
    So just been getting on with some filing from my two weeks off, listening to some music, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah, i remember when i was facing it last year and i thought i thought "whatever" but when it came to me being told i still had a job, it was "pffffew" :lol:
  • angry_bird
    Is it weird that there's a guy sat outside in his van, he's just sat there, been there just over 2 hours now, just sitting there, doing nothing?
  • welshkev
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Is it weird that there's a guy sat outside in his van, he's just sat there, been there just over 2 hours now, just sitting there, doing nothing?

are you watching me? shit i better move and do some work :lol:
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Congrats on the job news VWs.. fingers crossed for good news about your Dad soon

'ning
    Couldn't be farked to go to the gym last night, regretting it now, feel fat and lazy.
    Overslept this morn, and nearly forgot about my phsyio appointment. All good on that score though, more exercises to do to sort out some niggles.
    Nothing interesting doing today. But have been told I'll need my full face helmet at the weekend... this could go horribly wrong...haha

Kisses
    FoxC
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Morning all,

Good news VWS :)

Today will mostly be spent lazing on the sofa until work tonight, Trying to sell some bits and bobs on gumtree that i dont need any more. might even make the effort to post them on here too haha.
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Work is pretty Meh! at the moment. My boss is on long term leave for 'work related stress' my other boss has just gone on leave for 3-4 weeks as he's having an op, leaving me and the Admin girl to run the office so no time off for me for the next month. The misses is applying for a few jobs this week which may mean a move out of Wales and the hunt for a new job. Two of the jobs are in Bristol and one is in Bourneville.
    Anyhoo back to answering phones and trying to figure out what i have to do now i'm managementless...
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • moaning @ss rats

good news vw about time, hope your old mans improves to

driving lessons today followed by an interview today i will be cutting the timings very fine tho :roll:

hmmm tea or coffee that is the question
    worst moment ever...
    buzzing down twisting single track then.... psssst BANG!!!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    foxc_uk wrote:
    . But have been told I'll need my face full of helmet at the weekend... this could go horribly wrong...haha

Kisses
    FoxC

FTFY

Any hows,still out in the north sea and its windy not back till the end of the month then should see some of you all at afan.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    afternoon mongtards!

Today is going well so far. Somebody's on an email rampage before going on leave so that's causing some issues, however nothing that can't be ignored.

Pay day tomorrow, not sure what to spend some monies on, the Inbred's been on the go for 2 years now and it's time for a change. Whippet's are only £249 now but I'd need new parts to fit. But then again I'd probably be able to sell the Inbred frame on ebay for a bit.

Anyway time for a sandwich containing sausage, bacon and egg.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • angry_bird
    Whippet's are only £249 now

Now that's got me tempted.

Just been out riding my bike. Got very wet, very muddy, quite fun, just wish there was more of it, very limited in what's around me for a quick blast.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Angry Bird wrote:

Nothing weird about that at all although...shoot, sorry, I got the wrong crudder's address

Evening scuttlers

been busy showing my manager how good a train driver I am this week by being generally slow, late and alittle confused as to where I am, this tactic however has seemed to impress him into thinking that I am actually just careful.

This does however mean that I may have to start working for a living next week
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp