Commuting Just Got Sexy

mak3m
mak3m Posts: 1,394
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
95771929546014557_VoPEZG03.jpg

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Latest Brace from Leatt with rain protection?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    A commuter wearing PVC? Someone will be along to be offended anytime now.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Looks like he's got a pram cover stuck on his head...
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    No one noticed the tyres need air...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Genius! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    No one noticed the tyres need air...

lol that bothered me from the start but didnt want to mention it :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Can I be offended? I could have done with one of those today, the rain made my hair curl. Can you get windscreen wipers for them?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Can I be offended?
    Go on then, but only a litle bit as you've got a sense of humour. I'd leave it to the pro's if I were you :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    I stumbled across the pedant thread in discuss the forum. OMG!! Oh, hang on, can I do that?

Edited to correct typo as commenting on pedantry
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I stumbled across the pedant thread in discuss the forum. OMG!! Oh, hang on, can I do that?

Yeah I saw that, what a load of bollox. Some people just don't know when to stop digging - that, or they just miss the attention...
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    That's so wrong.

No helmet.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yeah I saw that, what a load of bollox. Some people just don't know when to stop digging - that, or they just miss the attention...
    Wow, not sure what you're on about whilst trying to figure it out, I came across a thread, that was discussing the behaviour of people in a seperate thread in the commuting area, where someone went mental and started abusing people (I think) in text talk. Except I couldn't understand most of it. It actually puts my ranting to shame.

Anwyay...
    Really now. Does the world actually need a commuting forum? Can;t we just get rid?
  • veronese68
    Anwyay...
    Really now. Does the world actually need a commuting forum? Can;t we just get rid?
    Am I allowed to answer with a serious head on without getting arsey? Or will that give commuters a worse name?
    Most of my riding is commuting, so that is where I started. My initial posts were there asking for help as I found my bike for sale on Ebay and I posted asking for advice. The vast majority of them seem like nice guys, so I tended to stay over there. Because of the big fuss created over pictures of girls with clothes on I started to venture into other areas more. I tend to gravitate this way because if I ever get to ride in my own time it tends to be on a mountain bike.
    Unfortunately time pressures due to family, living in an old house that constantly needs work and so on mean my leisure riding is very limited. If I do get to ride in my own time it's usually with the kids. Thankfully my son is old enough to venture further afield now. I think I'l ltake him to Swinley soon. The Frankenbike in my sig was built for him out of a Kinesis frame I got off Ebay for £10.
    Anyway, getting back to the point. Can you wear a helmet with that pram hood? If not I'm out.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    But it's just riding. You could have had your questions answered in any generic "cycling" forum.
    Some (a tiny minority :lol:) of the regular cruddites are mountain bikers, and some commute on those bikes. If we want to talk bikes instead of tits and arses for a change, we just talk bikes.
    I fail to see how a "commuting" section is needed, any more than a "Gisburn forest" subforum is needed.
  • veronese68
    True, it wouldn't particularly bother me. Someone stated a thread over there saying merge Commuting Chat and Cake Stop. My argument is that that would exclude the Cruddites. So you might as well merge all the off topic bits.
    Thinking about commuting MTBers, where's Bails?
    I'm all in favour of a bit of piss taking, but really can't be doing with some of the snide comments and bitching.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My argument is that that would exclude the Cruddites.
    Probably for the best :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Wow, not sure what you're on about whilst trying to figure it out, I came across a thread, that was discussing the behaviour of people in a seperate thread in the commuting area, where someone went mental and started abusing people (I think) in text talk. Except I couldn't understand most of it. It actually puts my ranting to shame.
    Yup, that's the one.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    That looks a great piece of apparel for anyone walking past my bedroom window when I'm seagulling
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp