Yeehaa...

Aggieboy
Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
edited April 2012 in The Crudcatcher
...when you took a sabbatical from here did you do lots of walking? :wink:
"There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeehaa is a walker of note.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Aggieboy wrote:
    ...when you took a sabbatical from here did you do lots of walking? :wink:
    Yep.
    I'm a walker, I'm a walker
    And I'm walkin it good, like I know I should,
    I'm a walk walk walk walk walker.

Does that answer your question?
  • Aggieboy
    Thanks, thought so. Nothing like taking some time for a long, slow walk. Many of us are walkers I seem to remember.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • I like to save the long, slow walks for the weekend. During the week I'm lucky to get the free time so when I do I'm prone to a bit of speed walking. I just like to go for as many walks as I can in the week no better way to keep fit.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • I like to save the long, slow walks for the weekend. During the week I'm lucky to get the free time so when I do I'm prone to a bit of speed walking. I just like to go for as many walks as I can in the week no better way to keep fit.

You really should try walking more at work.

I do like to get up and have a walk around the office a few times a day.

Speaking of work, you have to be careful because some people will walk all over you for a promotion.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I like to save the long, slow walks for the weekend. During the week I'm lucky to get the free time so when I do I'm prone to a bit of speed walking. I just like to go for as many walks as I can in the week no better way to keep fit.

Speaking of work, you have to be careful because some people will walk all over you for a promotion.
    It helps if there's a pretty girl in your office that you like walking towards.
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    I work with a woman who walks for charity, she has a special walking outfit.

I must admit whenever i see her in her walking outfit I feel like getting up for a walk myself.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    charity walks are quite long, remember. And sometimes, when you go for a very long charity walk dressed as a cartoon character, outside, on a hot day, surrounded by children, you'll end up loosing so much fluid that you might have to drink copious amounts of water.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    A friend of mine has a very large dog. I love walking her very large dog, although it is often hard work.
  • jndb72
    jndb72 Posts: 629
    Just had a long walk with the mrs...strangely I seemed to enjoy it more than she did.
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0
    2009 Specialized Rockhopper Disc

I might have alzheimer's but atleast I don't have alzheimer's
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    I like to save the long, slow walks for the weekend. During the week I'm lucky to get the free time so when I do I'm prone to a bit of speed walking. I just like to go for as many walks as I can in the week no better way to keep fit.

It helps if there's a pretty girl in your office that you like walking towards.

Otherwise known as a danger walk.
  • mak3m
    EH_Rob wrote:
    Otherwise known as a danger walk.

unless she knocks you back then its the long walk of shame
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I had a walk by
    713tZ.jpg
    today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    mak3m wrote:

I must admit whenever i see her in her walking outfit I feel like getting up for a walk myself.

Pics?
  • mak3m
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mak3m wrote:

Pics?

303048_2185137620379_1005168663_32569420_1670119711_n.jpg

PERVERT
  • cooldad
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mak3m wrote:

Pics?
    Why you'd want a pic of mak3m walking I don't know?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    but if you see a fellow walker do you let on with a cheery wave or do you just carry on walking and ignore them?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    but if you see a fellow walker do you let on with a cheery wave or do you just carry on walking and ignore them?
    I'm ususally out of breath, sweaty and gurning, so a cheery hello is out of the question.
    I went for a long walk outdoors last weekend. I knew it was going going to be a long one, so I packed some food to take with me so I could have something to eat halfway through my long walk.
  • cooldad

I think you should walk together a bit.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I walked for so long I had blisters. I was so drained I barely made it back to the car.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    I once walked so far I almost died of exposure and the air ambulance had to come and rescue me.
  • Aggieboy
    I walked for so long I had blisters. I was so drained I barely made it back to the car.

I use a special woolly sock made just for walkers for those harsh walks.
  • jndb72
    Aggieboy wrote:

Using some sort of lube before and during your walk can help with them blisters
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    if you're on a narrow path and a walker is in your way - do you toss him off or block his passage?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • fyldesmurf
    fyldesmurf Posts: 412
    mak3m wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    mak3m wrote:

Pics?

303048_2185137620379_1005168663_32569420_1670119711_n.jpg

PERVERT
    I'd walk all over you
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Apparently some of the biggest walkers commute to work on their bikes, although these same walkers claim not to read any walking literature.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • jndb72
    Apparantly there's been lots of walking over in the Redhead of the Day and Blonde Haired Lovelies threads
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    Men should never walk together. Lad at work got caught walking whilst watching a video on his phone once, :oops:
  • jndb72
    Certain groups of men lik enothing more than walking together
    2011 Canyon Nerve AM 5.0

• When i'm going for a walk I always take a towel to mop up with... nothing worse than discharging salty liquid in public, it is very unsightly and if left it can make you smell bad.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.