Midweek riders in East Berks / South Bucks?

HonestAl
HonestAl Posts: 406
edited April 2012 in Road beginners
Hi all, I've recently got a lot more free time on my hands, and now the weather is getting a bit better I'm going to aim to get out a lot more frequently. I've never been much of a club person, and have only got into cycling over the last 3 or 4 years. I typically ride around the Marlow / Henley / Christmas Common / Reading / Maidenhead / Beaconsfield areas and was wondering if anyone's interested in joining up to get some miles in. Nothing too strenuous, I'm doing well if I average much better than 16mph for rides between 20-50 miles.

if you're interested, let me know.
"The only absolute statement is that everything is relative" - anon

Comments

• Hi Al, I'm interested but cant ride at the moment, while I recover from a nasty back injury, then it'll be a few months probably before I'm back to fitness, but nice to find a local rider, and I'll get in touch when I'm ready to ride out.
    Jane
  • HonestAl
    Thanks Jane, sorry to hear about the back injury. Good luck on the recovery, and I'll look forward to hearing from you and pootling round Berks/Bucks leafy glades. Meantime if you want to chat things bike and the like, feel free to get in touch
  • I'm in Windsor and once I've moved on from this chest and throat infection I would be about.

My usual rides take me out through eton, taplow, cliveden and down into you patch. Love the hills around Marlow and Henley.
  • HonestAl
    Sounds ideal, another of my standards is from Maidenhead out through Winkfield then Windsor, White Waltham, Caversham etc. Just been round Marlow / Henley / Maidenhead, quite nice this morning. Maybe PM when you're up for it?
  • HonestAl
    Hi all, just trying to refresh this, any takers for a potter round the Marlow / Maidenhead / Henley etc area?
  • TKF
    TKF Posts: 279
    I'm in Warfield and tend to go north so I could join you for a ride or two.
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    This is of absolutely no use to you, but if it was last spring I would have been happy to meet up for a ride. However, I don't live in the area any more!
  • HonestAl
    Thanks all, TKF, I often include a loop round Winkfield / Bracknell / Windsor / White Waltham so that could work well. Thanks for the missed opportunity Robbo ;-)