Cube Ltd SL 29er

ste_t
ste_t Posts: 1,599
edited April 2012 in Your mountain bikes
Accidently bought this when I took the other bike into the shop to have the bearings and bushings changed. First ride nearly killed me at Penmachno in the wet! The bars were replaced with Pro Athertons at 745mm (bike shop did question such an idea but chucked them in for free,) and the tiny grips were swapped for superstar excels in grey/lime. Rapid Robs wisely replaced with Maxxis Ardernt front and rear in 2.25" 60a.

It really does flatter my fitness and it flies along. Pic from today (can't figure out how to turn off thumbnails, so click to enlarge):

th_2012-04-15144106.jpg

Comments

• Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    Nice. I road a Specialized 29er last year at a demo day. Felt super fast and seemed to just roll over ruts and roots.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Looking very nice dude! I'm a big fan of the new model Cubes. I was up in north Wales a few weeks ago riding the Marin trail for the first time, had a blast. The Ardents are real fast tyres, I run the same 2.25 on the front but with a 2.35 Ignitor on the back for the extra climbing grip and keeping my tail in check. The work really well together.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Cheers buddy. That pic is on the Marin, crazy that only a few weeks ago I was riding there in the snow! Used an Ignitor before, but the Ardent feels faster - run Ardent rear on the other bike aswell.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Nice bike. Nice background!!