Trailers for infants

cavehill
cavehill Posts: 126
So who has got them and what age did you first take your newborns out?

Reason I ask is I purchased a croozer today. Ordered it thinking it would take a while and it was dispatched within an hour of ordering. Always the way! When I am in a hurry for something it doesn't arrive on time or delayed. Buy something I can wait on and it's dispatched an hour after I purchase.

Ordered the croozer kid 1 with infant sling.
http://www.kidscab.be

They have an eBay shop also.

Comments

• Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I have a Burley Bee 2 seat trailer. I use it to ferry my 20month old to nursery and my 4yr old to school 3 days a week.

It is a great bit of kit and so so much better than the child seat I used to have bouncing about on the back of my bike.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • zenistar
    zenistar Posts: 75
    I've the same question, we are off to a bike show this afternoon to look specifically at trailers but I am not sure how old my daughter should be before using, at the moment she is getting on for five months.
    2012 Brompton S6L
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0
    2001 Specialized Allez
    1998 Specialized Rockhopper FS - still going strong!
  • White Horse
    White Horse Posts: 161
    They need to be able to sit up straight unaided. Ours were about 1 before we stuck them in the trailer I think. Much younger and they fall over.
  • zenistar
    zenistar Posts: 75
    Thanks, i just found the Chariot website where they say babies from the first weeks can ride in the trailers (with the appropriate addon that looks like a hammock).
    2012 Brompton S6L
    2011 Canyon Nerve XC 9.0
    2001 Specialized Allez
    1998 Specialized Rockhopper FS - still going strong!
  • tinribs
    tinribs Posts: 3
    Hi,
    we bought a chariot cougar when our daughter was 8 months old (she's now 16 months). she doesnt seem to like it which is a waste of the 750 pound we brought it for. we were hoping that the more we used it the more she would get use to it but this hasnt been the case. Then just the other weekend we put her in a friends wee ride which she really loved! needless to say we are now going to be selling the trailer and getting a wee ride :lol:
  • White Horse
    White Horse Posts: 161
    £750!!!????

Try one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avenir-Clevel ... %26ps%3D54

A hard base. Our kids loved it. It's now used as a picnic (and associated toys, blankets etc) carrier now that they're older.