Specz Pitch Comp v Giant Trance X4

mountaingoatimnot
mountaingoatimnot Posts: 185
edited April 2012 in MTB buying advice
So after a weekend trying bikes i've narrowed my choice down to these two..

Specialized Pitch Comp 2010

Giant Trance X4 2011

I'm topped out on my budget with the Trance X4.

In essence i've ended up with a couple of safe bets

The component spec of the Specz is far higher, so i'm tempted to go for that and save £100 in the process, but fearful of buying an old model, thats no longer around.

All comments most welcome.

I've looked and tied all sorts this weekend, but ruled out ..

Giant Anthem X4/X5 - prefer the more relaxed feel of the Trance 8)
Specialized Camber Comp - again prefer the slightly more laid back feel of the Pitch 8)
Ram XCTwo.2 - lovely stable and quick ride, dismissed on the basis of back-up (they are bulgaria based, nearest stockist is 60 miles away)
Saracen Ariel 1 (amazing on paper spec for the price but no-one seems to actually own one, or admit to it :roll: )
KTM Lycan 2.0
KTM Comp R 1.0 (both KTMs lose out on support/popularity although i have a dealer 20 miles away who is long established bike shop and very customer focussed)

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Trance is a great bike, if it was the higher spec trance then it would be much better than the pitch. I would have to go for the pitch here. No problems with buying an older model.
  • Trance is a great bike, if it was the higher spec trance then it would be much better than the pitch. I would have to go for the pitch here. No problems with buying an older model.

Many thanks for the reply.

Yes the Trance X3 is a nicer spec, but just couldn't get a good enough price - £1399 was the best i could do around the internet.

So i've ordered the Spez Pitch Comp - delivered for £999 so can't complain really. I'm sure its spec is more than adequate for my use.