farsports or yishun

xixang
xixang Posts: 235
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
I had quotes back from both these companies for a set of carbon clinchers and wondering if any has any experiences of either/both, or even has the wheels they are recommending. I've narrowed it down to these, I think

Farsports

50mm clincher with Novatec hubs, cx-ray spokes. weight ~1420g. price 578USD plus 80USD p&p (chosen hub option is 10usd less/20g lighter and hubsmith hubs is 15usd more/70g lighter)

Yishun

Model YS-CP50C 50mm clincher with Chosen hubs, aerolite sha-da (pillar) spokes. weight ~1530g. price 499USG plus 75USD p&p (this is what they are recommending but also to a novatec version, no idea on price but prob not much different)

I presume both will also ship with skewers and pads, but need to confirm with Farsports. Any thoughts/experiences??

ta

Comments

• ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    TBH - neither, I just dont trust them
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I used Farsport for 50mm clincher rims (not a wheelset). Great communication and almost a year on I'm still very happy with my purchase.

ILM Zero7 - have you used them both then? What did they do to earn your distrust?
    More problems but still living....
  • xixang
    xixang Posts: 235
    thanks for response amaferanga. Leaning more towards Farsports due to them using cx-rays, even though I'm paying around 80usd more. Just going to try and read up on Chosen hubs v novatec, see what I can find.

Now to decide on finish with new colnago that arrived this morning. Matt black/white cx1 so may keep the matt theme