LBS Came to my rescue today

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited April 2012 in The bottom bracket
Was doing some tinkering on one of my bikes today and discovered the thread in the rear mech needed chasing out. I have a reasonable selection of basic tools but not a tap the size required. A quick call to Scot and he was very happy to lend me one for the job.

Thanks mate.

Try getting service like that from an internet store.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• In truth you get 'reamed' on-line or by LBS - it's a service they both provide :(
    Briceyinstockport
  • Frank the tank
    paulbricey wrote:
    In truth you get 'reamed' on-line or by LBS - it's a service they both provide :(

Time to take up jogging mate. :wink:
    Tail end Charlie

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Give Scot the Plug (No not that type Aggie) he deserves then, Always on the look out for a good LBS in Notts.

Mine shut down recently but the proprietor did admit to charging a W*anker tax to anyone he didnt like, reckon it took me about 2 years to get past the surcharge.
  • Frank the tank
    tim wand wrote:
    Give Scot the Plug (No not that type Aggie) he deserves then, Always on the look out for a good LBS in Notts.

Mine shut down recently but the proprietor did admit to charging a W*anker tax to anyone he didnt like, reckon it took me about 2 years to get past the surcharge.

Didn't know if the mods would like it.

Pro-bikes Hucknall.
    Tail end Charlie

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Cant see why the Mods would object. This is a forum one of the main reasons I come on here is for help and advice based on peoples personal experience rather than unsubstantiated conjecture (Oopps maybe I m in the wrong place)

Wiggle, Planet X , CRC et al , get enough mentions on here, as long as you dont work for them I dont see how it matters.

Other bike shops are of course available in the Nottinghamshire area :D