CUBE Peloton Pro - First Road Bike?

tubsolard
tubsolard Posts: 150
edited April 2012 in Road buying advice
Basically, I've got £800 on a ride to work Voucher which I was considering using for a Cannondale CAAD10 (voucher plus cash if this was possible) but I want to spend as little money as possible out of my own pocket and have been looking at the Peloton Pro which comes in at £799 - perfect!

So does anyone have any experience with this bike or any advice? I'm test riding it on Monday as they have one in my size in a local store. But I'm just a little concerned that, although it's my first road bike, it might be a bit too... relaxed? The geomtry is more comfortable and not necessary a race set up and I don't want to be spending any more money in a years time as I know I will definitely take to Road cycling (I'm a mountain biker usually).

Are there any slightly more racey bikes? The other I'm looking it as the Giant Defy 1 or 2 (both come in on budget as I've found 2011 models.

Cheers

Scott
Cannondale Super Six Evo
Cannondale Slice Aero

Comments

• tubsolard
    tubsolard Posts: 150
    OK maybe I was being a bit cheeky with ANOTHER post after my post about the Cannodale but for a quick update I went and looked at the Cube Peloton Pro and I knew as soon as I saw it that I would buy it! It's such a good looking bike (in my humble opinion!)

So, I left a 10% deposit and as soon as my Cyclescheme voucher arrives I'll go and pick it up (and collect my deposit!).

I am never happy though, I still have questions! Is there anything on the bike that is worth upgrading imediately?

From my mountain bike experience, I always upgrade the stem and pedals first of all.

It comes with a Tiagra Groupset so I'm not planning on upgrading any of the brakes or gearing but it I'm considering changing to a tiagra or black 105 compact chainset (as it comes with a triple) and maybe looking at the tyres?

Cheers

Scott
    Cannondale Super Six Evo
    Cannondale Slice Aero